IGNORED

Plaid - Scintilli

Guest maus

Guest sirch

Scintilli is like a Rubix Cube, or an Escher picture puzzle... or like going into a room full of those crazy mirrors at a fun fair or a circus. - everytime i listen to it i feel differently about it and it's a differently weird and puzzling experience.

but i have to say the last time i listened to it, which was the other day, through a friend's massive Sony plasma TV, (CD in the Blue ray player) it sounded bloody good!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

Scintilli is like a Rubix Cube, or an Escher picture puzzle...

i have to admit i feel the same way, and since the begining i have wondered and tried to decipher how the puzzle on the cover could relate to the music.

but while you, sirch, still see this puzzle with a certain charm to it, and also with a bit of hope, for me it's disturbing really. i gave up trying to find meaning in something that to my ears clearly sounds like a failed opportunity. i am now absolutely sure of why i don't like this album. as i have stated before, it sounds to me like a soundtrack to something (not only movies have these) that doesn't exist. it's a mess. and the rubik's cube kinda like puzzle of the cover seems like a last try to at least throw some meaning at it

Guest sirch

Scintilli is like a Rubix Cube, or an Escher picture puzzle...

i have to admit i feel the same way, and since the begining i have wondered and tried to decipher how the puzzle on the cover could relate to the music.

but while you, sirch, still see this puzzle with a certain charm to it, and also with a bit of hope, for me it's disturbing really. i gave up trying to find meaning in something that to my ears clearly sounds like a failed opportunity. i am now absolutely sure of why i don't like this album. as i have stated before, it sounds to me like a soundtrack to something (not only movies have these) that doesn't exist. it's a mess. and the rubik's cube kinda like puzzle of the cover seems like a last try to at least throw some meaning at it

I don't know mate. not everyone 'got' Spanners when that first came out either...

I really haven't listened to it a lot, still. even though it's been out 6 months. I didn't really get it at first. was trying to work it out...

grabbing at any ideas to try and explain it to myself. but it is like a soundtrack, i agree. it's a Plaid Warp album but with a soundtrack twist... maybe just make/think of your own movie to go with the music :)

I basically think Scintilli is a bunch of tracks that sound amazing in a club setting..perfectly optimised for adaption.

If you're looking a deeeeep, soulful or even life changing album that suits home listening, you may have to wait a while longer.

Not many folks got Bytes, and it was mainly the d'n'b heads that got the very early BDP output... oh well.

Archived