IGNORED

autechre sampling david bowie

Guest jubes

Guest jubes

so listening to the ''great'' sample in pro radii, is it dave bowie or what ?? one of his live shows ??

Guest Chogg
so listening to the ''great'' sample in pro radii, is it dave bowie or what ?? one of his live shows ??

Probably not.

if i remember correctly (my memory is shit, so don't hound me if i'm wrong) there was an interview where they talked about how that 'voice' was actually created within the making of the track, as in not a sample. there's an underlying noise throughout the beginning (and after the 'break' bit) of that track that keeps making appearances in different forms that sounds quite vocal also. unsure about the specifics of how it was created, but i vaguely remember them pointing out that it was not a sample of anyone or anything, it was a sound they created (implied, from scratch?)

i may try and look up the article....i can never seem to find a good source for articles/interviews with autechre, save for the obvious audio on this site.

anyone know what i'm thinking of, or if i'm simply making shit up in my mind?

) a s o n

if i remember correctly (my memory is shit, so don't hound me if i'm wrong) there was an interview where they talked about how that 'voice' was actually created within the making of the track, as in not a sample. there's an underlying noise throughout the beginning (and after the 'break' bit) of that track that keeps making appearances in different forms that sounds quite vocal also. unsure about the specifics of how it was created, but i vaguely remember them pointing out that it was not a sample of anyone or anything, it was a sound they created (implied, from scratch?)

i may try and look up the article....i can never seem to find a good source for articles/interviews with autechre, save for the obvious audio on this site.

) a s o n

haha sounds like an AE attempt to smoke screen the less than knowledgeable interviewe and/or you have made shit up in your own mind. there is audience cheering all through out this track, processed voices repeating through the main bridge of it and the 'break' or whatever is clearly a sample. Autechre is very talented but they cannot make a clearly legible sample of a audience recording from synthesizers

Guest jubes

) a s o n

well voice synthesis is extremelly advanced today ....the first song using only fm voice synthesis was in the 60'' so i think it may have evolved to a certain point ....unless of course the bell labs scientist have been sniffing glue since that time quantum computers 100000 times faster than the fastest mainframe on earth mith generate something right ???

don't get me wrong but i'm pretty sure david bowie sampled this track with his alesis vocoder plug ins. i have heard (from a reliable source) the message sean and browns left on his answer phone which was something like:

"hey, david bowie, can we use your voice in a sample?"

and then, don't ask me how they did this, but david bowie actually responded somehow even though they were leaving a message, and he was like:

"two guys, i have already produced the sample with my waveform scope and you can use what i have done."

but then, i guess ae were kind of pissed that he had already made his own samples without asking them so they just used some random shit from the tv.

true story

Archived