IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

I just had carne asada street tacos from the Filiberto's across the street.. I've been hitting them up for those more often than I should, but I can't quite describe the utter beauty and magic that exists inside that to go box. Also, I know that Filiberto's isn't as hipster and obscure anymore as they have chains many places now, but the one across the street is TOP NOTCH. Also, sure you may have had their regular carne asada tacos.. but I'm certain you guys have not tried their "carne asada street tacos" which are light and day difference, I'm almost sue the meat itself is even different, as I've noticed its less salty and fresher seeming. Their carne asada street tacos are extremely simple and what you'd expect from an actual street vendor in Mexico City. 5 small tacos- hand made w asada, chopped onions and cilantro on corn tortillas. They throw in a heap of grilled onions and a fresh roasted japepeno with some lime slices. Order it with a bubbly bottled Mexican Coke (for no hfcs), and extra red sauce (a mindbogglingly good hot sauce that has a bit of chiptole and bit of heat- i cant quite put my finger on what could be in it). My wife thought I was crazy that order this same thing frequently and rave so much about it and prob that i was a dweeb. She finally gave in and tried one and she was pretty taken back herself. It's also relatively fresh and healthy seeming compared to other drive through food... not greasy or deep fried, and seems like there are barely any preservatives, though who knows.. im sure the conditions of the kitchen arent award winning, but ill take these babies any day over chipotle's cold-as-soon-as-you-unwrap-to-eat-them, falling apart americanized "tacos", (of course i like chipotle here and there and they use good quality stuff so i cant hate them). 

I got collared by a 50 year old jamaican colleague on the way home from work and ended up drinking a lot of heineken, followed by 63% proof white rum. With blocks of cheddar and anchovies on water biscuits as snacks.

When I made it outside I was fucking hammered and apparently three hours had passed.

Now I'm drinking red wine, eating pork crackling and listening to smog.

I got collared by a 50 year old jamaican colleague on the way home from work and ended up drinking a lot of heineken, followed by 63% proof white rum. With blocks of cheddar and anchovies on water biscuits as snacks.

When I made it outside I was fucking hammered and apparently three hours had passed.

Now I'm drinking red wine, eating pork crackling and listening to smog.

was this the rum?

Lol our liquor dealer used to hide a bottle under the sink, and give us a shot when we came into his store (so long as it was empty). This was 10 years ago or so. We probably paid off his mortgage...

41C6aPCSv4L.jpg

weihenstephaner hefe weissbier (no glass, straight from bottle)

a truely glorious beer (I have another 4 in the fridge, and a 40th birthday to attend, so shall be steaming by the evening)

Edited by beerwolf

Made some vegan bao buns, and drank a big bottle of tongerlo prior triple. Satisfactory.

4??

post workout laziness.. and I really fucking love those runny-ass soft boiled eggs.. the rest of my diet is 90% vegan

Edited by chim