IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*continues divergence away from point of thread* hey guys new season of Weeds is going to be sick

To add to the divergence... the lady and I are almost done with season 4 of Dexter and season five does not start until September (wtf??) so what should we check out? We haven't seen any of the TV epics such as Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Weeds, etc.... I prefer something with some linearity to it... not just 12 episodes of of random events that somehow go unnoticed come the next episode. Of course it has to be smart with a distinct and likable hero... kinda like Dexter.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Have you seen Breaking Bad, goffer? If you haven't I'd say catch up with that, only about 20hrs as the first season was cut short, then the third season starts airing in your US of A in a week's time.

and on topic: The White Ribbon - 9/10. Just about everything I could of wanted from a film. First Haneke I've seen, though I think Benny's Video is around here somewhere. I'll catch this again soon.

ok so i now have a full hd/bigscreen tv/sweet video card setup. recommend me something to pirate that'll fucking blow me away in full hd

The animated Dante's Inferno....

most evil thing I have seen in a while, quite entertaining and amazing, has boobs

or the 2009 Star Trek

Inglourious Basterds

Sherlock Holmes

The Ninth Gate, a personal favourite of mine that I think more people should recognize as being awesome...

I am weird....

and a nerd...

but I think you are as well so these might be perfect for you...

strangely enough, if you do enjoy the animated super hero films that have been coming out, 'Wonder Woman' is fucking awesome, seems like it wouldn't be, being Wonder Woman and all but it is rad....

I enjoyed 'Green Lantern: First Flight' as well.....

'Superman Doomsday' is the best Superman related thing to ever be made, film wise...

*hears Ogre yelling "Nerds!" in the background, must run!*

i absolutely loved the Ninth Gate, i think it's underrated.

Have you seen Breaking Bad, goffer? If you haven't I'd say catch up with that, only about 20hrs as the first season was cut short, then the third season starts airing in your US of A in a week's time.

i second the breaking bad recommendation. After the wire i didn't find much to keep my attention until I discovered Breaking bad.

thanks guys... my research begins :beer:

and on topic: The White Ribbon - 9/10. Just about everything I could of wanted from a film. First Haneke I've seen, though I think Benny's Video is around here somewhere. I'll catch this again soon.

There is a White Ribbon thread here for discussion of the film: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/54161-the-white-ribbon/

ok so i now have a full hd/bigscreen tv/sweet video card setup. recommend me something to pirate that'll fucking blow me away in full hd

Planet Earth is always my go to if i want to drool at a screen for an hour or two.

i absolutely loved the Ninth Gate, i think it's underrated.

i second the breaking bad recommendation. After the wire i didn't find much to keep my attention until I discovered Breaking bad.

Go see 'The Ghost Writer'....has the same feel without any mystical implications, really enjoyed this film...

and Breaking Bad is indeed a great show...

who knew the dad from Malcom in The Middle would end up being one of the greatest television actors of all time..

Planet Earth is always my go to if i want to drool at a screen for an hour or two.

yes, Planet Earth on blu-ray is the tits!

good call

presently watching videos of nuclear tests lol

hmmm tekkon kinkreet? the fountain?

just watched The Informant!, very pleasantly surprised, first Soderbergh film I've liked. Good stuff. Incidentally my answer to the thread about which male celebrity you'd do, my answer would be Matt Damon, he's about as likeable as they come.

In The Loop - 9.5/10 - wow, just wow. never saw any "The Thick of It", but if it's like this, i'll definitely check it out. it's like almost too harsh, and while hilarious at moments, it verges on being extremely unpleasant to watch. for me, at least. also, it made me *really* think about who runs the world i'm living in. it's these wankers. it can't be any other way, i know it's like this. wow.

yeah Videodrome was much better than I thought it'd be, someone else on watmm said they found it incomprehensible and disjointed so I figured I'd think the same. But the plot is easy to follow, it's just dream logic, which always freaks me out as I think my mind is susceptible to insane logic patterns (yay drugs :emotawesomepm9: ) Back in my university days, would have been fun to write an essay comparing, say, Videodrome and Mulholland Drive, or Videodrome and Pi. Also interesting how prescient the film was considering it was pre-internet...

I tried to watch In the Loop a few weeks back but it was too political so I didn't get any of the reference jokes... I don't even follow US politics let alone European. Seemed like a good film but just wasn't the right time for me.

Archived