IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

anyone see harry potter midnight show?

Just got back from it feel the opposite of Tregaskin....

but I am definitely looking forward to part 2!

They should have done the whole franchise like this...

in two parts, so much more of the story can be depicted...

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fishtank

Unstoppable 8/10

very good, Tony Scott back in form but it starts off slow and doesn't really get good until the last 30 min or so

The Next 3 Days 10/10

everything in this movie is done right, the characters are interesting the story is compelling and it's one of the few movies I've seen that really made me feel for the plight of the main character.

Unstoppable 8/10

very good, Tony Scott back in form but it starts off slow and doesn't really get good until the last 30 min or so

The Next 3 Days 10/10

everything in this movie is done right, the characters are interesting the story is compelling and it's one of the few movies I've seen that really made me feel for the plight of the main character.

LOL!

http://www.movies.com/movie-reviews/the-next-three-days-review/dave-white/m65146

http://www.movies.com/movie-reviews/the-next-three-days-review/jen-yamato/m65146

I love both of the reviewers at movie.com....

Guest Mirezzi

Grown-Ups - Astonishingly bad. I'm (honestly) surprised it was released in such horrible shape. Quite literally the worst Hollywood edit of a film I can recall from the last 20 years.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

enter the void - banal and shallow, pretty colours though. 3/10

The only real problem I had with it was the actor playing the main character Oscar. It had some really slow moments but it was pretty good in my opinion. How many other movies have used this crazy of cinematography recently? Not a rhetorical question I seriously want to know.

none i think, i was fascinated by the idea of this free roam/float camera since i've seen a video for beatles' "free as a bird":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glUFjjkYuAk

but this film does nothing particularly interesting or poetic with this technique, it's 90% tech-demo and 10% cinema. i really liked the love hotel sequence though, seemed very self indulgent and very creative at the same time.

I just saw R - i don't think i've ever seen a movie as heavy, brutal and merciless. i can't even rate it, i start shivering just thinking about it. i'm not saying it's a great movie, but it definitely worked for me. much more straightforward than Un Prophete.

anybody seen it?

Guest the anonymous forumite

no but you make me want to.

As for me, just saw Blood Simple, the first Cohen bros. Ok, 6.5/10, never been a huge Cohen fan, besides Fargo and Barton Fink.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I watched the Planet of The Apes with my three-year-old sister earlier. Five minutes in and Charlton Heston is sitting in his spaceship. "Is that an ape?" "No, we-" "Where are the apes?" "You'll see them in a bit. Keep an eye out." Another five minutes and the crew are crossing the desert of the forbidden zone. "Grapes. Planet of the grapes." After that she was engrossed. I was a bit surprised, as I've been downloading a lot of kid's stuff for us to watch and talk about and really, only 50% of it holds her interest. Yeah, she's memorised the "Get your stinking paws off of me..." line.

Guest disparaissant

I watched the Planet of The Apes with my three-year-old sister earlier. Five minutes in and Charlton Heston is sitting in his spaceship. "Is that an ape?" "No, we-" "Where are the apes?" "You'll see them in a bit. Keep an eye out." Another five minutes and the crew are crossing the desert of the forbidden zone. "Grapes. Planet of the grapes." After that she was engrossed. I was a bit surprised, as I've been downloading a lot of kid's stuff for us to watch and talk about and really, only 50% of it holds her interest. Yeah, she's memorised the "Get your stinking paws off of me..." line.

This is the most adorable thing ever.

Figured out you can just throw movies on a usb drive and play em on a ps3, so i've been downloading loads of hd stuff. Terry Gilliam films in HD are just psychotically lavish. Watched Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Brazil - his attention to detail is absolutely astounding.

Guest morganfaye

chungking express (criterion blu ray) : beautiful

chungking express...such a neat movie

movies i have recently watched (first viewings only)

avitar..its on hbo on demand right now and its been made clear to me that this film will be viewed by everyone in the world by any and every means because thats the only was they will cover the unmentionable amount of money they spent making it. if i had spent 12.00 on a ticket to see it in the theater i would have been annoyed. its not that long of a movie and luckily because the animation is soooo cutting edge, you are visually captivated through til the end. the newness did start to slightly wear b utd had it been any longer...i would have lost interest completely .

and sigourney weavers acting sucked too.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

harry potter & the deathly hallows

not sure on a score yet but i really enjoyed it. of course it felt unfinished. the ony part i didnt like was the chase scene through the forest with the shaky cam - was a bit lazy really.

the best part was the deathly hallows animated story. fuck me that looked incredible!

the real problem with harry potter films is their broad appeal and this means kids AND old people in the theatre. old people are slow to move and need to piss in the middle of a 2 1/2 hour movie.

They are really cashing in on that 2012 anxiety with all these alien invasion movies. Or then maybe the powers that be know something we don't and are mentally preparing us for some huge cataclysm coming in 2012, considering all these "documentaries" about the end of the world and how to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. :shuriken:

aand another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXrHAn4UI0

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

best worst movie 7/10

documentary about troll 2 made by the child actor from troll 2. just noticed troll 2 is on netflix play instant!

felt bad for the director as he didnt understand how US audiences watch troll2 now. i have no idea what else he has directed either. imdb!

i want a goblin tshirt

Archived