IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Splice - 7/10, except for the end which is a 2/10. Basically stop it ten minutes from the end.

Is it wrong to think the freak was kind of hot?

I do hope not, otherwise consider me wrong.

i've seen it yesterday as well, the stupid comedy parts were actually fun, it's the drama that was very weak.

couldn't detach John C. Reilly from his recent role in step brothers, the relationship between cyrus and his mom were especially unconvincing, janah hill can't act, kind of a weak premise overall.

4/10

Guest Fishtank

just got back from Danny Boyle's 127 Hours and enjoyed it immensely.

8/10

I want to see that but I think I'm gonna wait and rent it

Guest Adjective

enter the void - this felt life changing. i don't know why, but it was incredibly effective.

Was for me as well, but I think I know why....

primordial and archetypal are two words that come to mind,

other than that my interpretation shall remain mine for awhile,

a very personal experience...

need to see it a few more times...

it's an incredible movie. life affirming even. i have no desire to talk about it in any critical terms. it actually reminded me of a much, much darker, live action version of mindgame. but yeah, hands down one of the most affecting films i've seen.

have either of you rewatched it? 4 days remaining on this torrent...

i have no idea what it will be like a second time. part of me wants to relive the first time, another is scared that it can't come close to that, and another is hopeful that i'll see more the second time.

also i had some incredible unrecognizable imagery in my dreams the night i saw it, to the point where i kept going back to sleep because i didn't want to let them go.

I have watched it twice and I think this could be one of the greatest films ever...

people who disagree probably have never had an 'eye' opening, life-affirming experience...or they have short attention spans

This film has awoken a lot of forgotten ideas and emotions within myself...

makes me feel more human

enter the void - this felt life changing. i don't know why, but it was incredibly effective.

it's an incredible movie. life affirming even. i have no desire to talk about it in any critical terms. it actually reminded me of a much, much darker, live action version of mindgame. but yeah, hands down one of the most affecting films i've seen.

i have no idea what it will be like a second time. part of me wants to relive the first time, another is scared that it can't come close to that, and another is hopeful that i'll see more the second time.

also i had some incredible unrecognizable imagery in my dreams the night i saw it, to the point where i kept going back to sleep because i didn't want to let them go.

i watched it a second time tonight. it still had the same effect on me. the love hotel sequence near the end with the weird drone music underneath it, mixed with the imagery flashing between time and space, has some kind of cumulative effect on me that i can only liken to a religious experience. that looks really ridiculous in writing, but it's one of the maybe five most moving films i've seen. a lot of the stuff that people will probably just write off as either tedious or "shocking" was, for me, really beautiful. and comparing it to irreversible, a film i disliked immensely, is doing it a major disservice.

anyway, i'll be buying this when it comes out on blu ray.

as far as dreams go, i haven't noticed an effect on me. but i will say that enter the void comes closer to capturing the stew of emotions in a dream than any film i've seen since mulholland drive. maybe more so than that film. i dunno. it's just a great movie, end of.

Guest Adjective

i watched it a second time tonight. it still had the same effect on me. the love hotel sequence near the end with the weird drone music underneath it, mixed with the imagery flashing between time and space, has some kind of cumulative effect on me that i can only liken to a religious experience. that looks really ridiculous in writing, but it's one of the maybe five most moving films i've seen. a lot of the stuff that people will probably just write off as either tedious or "shocking" was, for me, really beautiful. and comparing it to irreversible, a film i disliked immensely, is doing it a major disservice.

anyway, i'll be buying this when it comes out on blu ray.

as far as dreams go, i haven't noticed an effect on me. but i will say that enter the void comes closer to capturing the stew of emotions in a dream than any film i've seen since mulholland drive. maybe more so than that film. i dunno. it's just a great movie, end of.

i think i've used the phrase 'religious experience' a few times when trying to describe this to friends, and yes it does sound ridiculous, but i think it's appropriate.

i want to do DMT immediately

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

just got back from Danny Boyle's 127 Hours and enjoyed it immensely.

8/10

I want to see that but I think I'm gonna wait and rent it

yeah its a rental. it is good but big screen not required.

also the screening could get cancelled halfway through when some people(pussys) faint.

Valhalla Rising - 6/10. Super gorey, beautifully shot for the most part. Some of the post effects (high pass filters that causes haloing) annoyed the piss out of me. Also wanted more meat to the story. Too many scenes of characters staring off into the distance and doing nothing.

Valhalla Rising - 6/10. Super gorey, beautifully shot for the most part. Some of the post effects (high pass filters that causes haloing) annoyed the piss out of me. Also wanted more meat to the story. Too many scenes of characters staring off into the distance and doing nothing.

I loved that movie because deep down I'm a viking.

I loved that movie because deep down I'm a viking.

I didn't dislike it, I just thought it needed more to it, which was probably just a byproduct of a low budget.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

the social network - 6.5/10 - the movie was all well and good as far as the technicals (cinematography, and i thought rezzy-poo did a good job with the score) are concerned, but my friend (who works at fb) and i were talking and we both agreed: this movie could have been about Anything Ever Invented Anywhere. facebook was a macguffin, just a plot tool. this guy fucked over people to invent something because he's a social retard and just in general likes to fuck with people and not give them their due.... sorry but Not interesting enough to make a major motion picture imho.

a movie made for nerds. it was shot quite well and i liked how it was filmed in general though, to each his own. i wouldn't write off recommending it to other people.

black swan - 8/10 - if aronofsky would have thrown in JUST one or two long shots this probably would've been a 9 for me. i realize the perspective he wanted the audience to have is that we're basically in natalie portman's head along for the ride during her total and complete breakdown, but c'mon, it really would've been nice to break away from her at some point and it was almost suffocating, plus it makes surprising the audience QUITE easy when the camera is fixated on her face for such a time (too easy). it was beautifully shot however, the score was awesome, and it was really a thrill to watch. much respect due to natalie portman too, she's a fantastic dancer.

Archived