IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest olson

i am going to see matinees from now on man(s). i went to funny people tonight for the 2nd night in a row (someone else paid); yesterday i went to the matinee, today i went to a 10 pm showing. the crowd was so much more obnoxious, laughing at parts that weren't funny, mocking what was happening onscreen, laughing sarcastically, checkin their phones every damn minute. fuckin assholes. bring on the old people.

ps the movie was a lot less funny the 2nd time around

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Grizz

Watched Rambo for the first time last night when drunk with friends. Can't believe I'd never seen it before, what a legendary film. Then we followed it with Die Hard & Terminator 2 until passed out

Guest futuregirlfriend

v interesting i'll track it down !

I remember seeing that in theaters, would love to see it again.

I yoinked it from tpb. I'm on the lookout for Voyna now. Seen that?

Providence (1977) - Very enjoyable 4/5

El espíritu de la colmena (The Spirit of the Beehive) - Amazing storytelling. Need a rewatch though because I was a bit too stoned. 5/5

Clean, Shaven - 8/10 - Fantastic sound design, a bit short, great scenery captured

Funny People - 7/10 - I laughed a lot, I also like the idea of inserting real life into the movies (like home videos, stand up comedy, etc)

Wanted - 5/10 Meh, an okay action movie, nothing else

Clean, Shaven - 8/10 - Fantastic sound design, a bit short, great scenery captured

I thought I was the only other person who had seen that... It's a good one. I saw it YEARS ago as a teen at my dad's recommendation, but saw it again on cable a few months ago.

I'm watching Leon again cuz I haven't seen it in ages. I'm at that fucking awesome scene near the end where he's owning all the police/swat team.

8.5/10

Guest zaphod

conan the barbarian awesome/10

spent most of the movie just quoting dialogue. i think this is my favorite line

"what is best in life? to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

moon 8/10

despite not really liking sam rockwell that much i really enjoyed moon. the tacked on audio at the end spoiled it a little for me, it was so unnecessary. leave something to our imagination (or for the sequel) please jeez. must go read the thread for this and see what yalls thought. unnecessary assshot lost it a point.

captain abu raed 7/10

wtf at the ending. go home old man, go home! liked it upto that point.

i'm thinking he knew that would happen and then the guy would go to prison so his wife and kids could be free of him.

oh and thanks for confirming captain murad so much.

1. its obvious

2. touching his scarred hand

3. "captain murad ready to go?"

oh thats murad all grown up? OMGWTFZOMG!

why must you treat us like idiots?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

moon 8/10

despite not really liking sam rockwell that much i really enjoyed moon. the tacked on audio at the end spoiled it a little for me, it was so unnecessary. leave something to our imagination (or for the sequel) please jeez. must go read the thread for this and see what yalls thought. unnecessary assshot lost it a point.

seems no-one really saw it or commented. :l

few more thoughts on it.

the soundtrack was disappointing. usually like clint mansell but didnt like the theme. did he do the same song for sunshine too or was that someone else?

gerty. the smileys were offputting in places and worked other times. overall i prefered the eye of hal to an emoticon.

"you're a clone" :mellow:

"tess is dead" :tongue::orly:

I hadn't seen the Matrix series in a couple of years. Watched the 1st one again last night. 8/10. Some serious lols, however short lived kept it from being a 10/10. I can't remember what they were off the top though. damnit. whatever. Good series. Maybe part 2 tonight but I dunno cuz a new bird is coming by!!!

Unlucky Monkey - 4.5/10

Sabu must have finished a marathon Tarantino film session before writing this film. This was really slow and uninteresting, which was a shame, because the film is full of great actors.

The Civilization of Maxwell Bright - 3/10

Caught this on cable while flipping channels and couldn't bring myself to change the channel. Such a bad film but still watchable on some level. Patrick Warburton plays the worlds most misogynist man and the drama comes from watching him interact with other stereotypes. The biggest realization I got from this film is how perfect Warburton would be to play Superman on the big screen.

Matrix pt 2

7/10

It should be a 9 but there were some seriously cringe worthy moments i had forgotten about... Like the dance party scene that juxtaposed with trin & neo doin it... fucking horrible. I almost had to look away.

oh god juno reactor

matrix_revisited.png

The President's Analyst - 6/10 classic, lots of stupid lols, nicely shot, good acting. this movie is way better when i'm watching it with my dad.

Young At Heart - 6/10 really adorable cast but i hate TV docs and this felt just like a TV doc

Archived