Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Salads

the burbs - 10/10

watched it with joe dante and bruce dern in attendance

smile! - 7/10

old bruce dern movie afterwards. really satirical, not very tight plot but enjoyable

the burbs - 10/10

watched it with joe dante and bruce dern in attendance

i love that movie, i've probably seen it over 20 times

i miss this guy in movies :

11065154_tml.jpg

"I've never seen that. I've never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick"

joe dante is awesome

i've been thinking about him a lot since john hughes passed away

he has a new movie in the works, a 3d horror movie for kids called 'the hole'

role models 5/10

predictable crap, terrible song ending. was better than i expected though. stiffler has tits these days. i guess they are pecs but they look silly.

this movie made me want to blow my brains out

the fugitive is so good damn

I see how some people could get tired of seeing the same actors in comedies but when I think about the alternative it doesn't really bother me. The quality level of mainstream comedic films is higher than I remember it being before. I think people forget that most popular mainstream comedic films, before Apatow's brand caught on, were based on 2 1/2 minute Saturday Night Live sketches, starred Adam Sandler and his unfunny friends or starred an actor with no comedic experience just because he/she was popular at the time. Before that it was shit like Porkies and Meatballs. At least now it seems like there are less obstacles to keep genuinely funny people from getting their visions on screen and from casting people that they consider funny in their films.

You skipped over the naked gun movies

Those were great

and Peter Sellers, Monty Python, Mel Brooks, John Hughes, Cohen Bros., etc

I'm talking the last thirty years of comedic film, I thought that was apparent with the references to Porkies and Meatballs. I think that kinda excludes Brooks, Sellers and Monty Python. The Coen Brothers probably didn't sort of start to gain any mainstream acceptance until Fargo which was the mid-90's, and I'd argue that was more drama than comedy. Hughes I'll concede had some good comedies but I always considered most of his stuff for kids. I haven't seen some of his films that people say they grew up watching though, like the film with all the high school stereotypes in detention. I enjoyed some of the Naked Gun films as a kid but I don't know that I'd consider them great.

in the realm of the senses 9/10

Was this the Criterion release?

The Great Happiness Space (2006) - 8/10

Decent documentary about Japanese "host boys", men paid to entertain wealthy women in nightclubs. Lots of feathered hair and guys that looked like ladyboys.

oh yes and I went to cinema for a premiere of BratislavaFilm movie. It was made in our capital city and it is about streets and stuff but I was awaiting something more underground like. Nothing special.

Guest Mr Salads

Razorback (1984) - 10/10

35mm. Very cheesy in parts, very surreal in others. Our lead hero is a pussy canadian guy with no balls of steel. It's quite funny.

Fuck those stupid youtube tags. Watch this clip, it's great.

Decent documentary about Japanese "host boys", men paid to entertain wealthy women in nightclubs. Lots of feathered hair and guys that looked like ladyboys.

The most popular host was such an asshole.

I give it 8/10 too though.

I agree but I think you have to be somewhat of a douchebag to take that job. What surprised me was who their primary customers were.

I agree but I think you have to be somewhat of a douchebag to take that job. What surprised me was who their primary customers were.

I just watched it and I didn't really know what I expected? I guess, I thought I was going to see a bunch of men being paid to hang out with women and earn a buttload of money off of it, but it turned out to be a really sad story about really sad and lonely people. Damn. And yeah, I was surprised about their customers as well.

I still enjoyed it though.

7/10

The Unborn - 2/10 the acting was god awful, and hilariously Gary Oldman (my favorite actor) only appears in the movie 50 minutes in.

i couldn't finish watching this piece of shit. i regretted not watching Haunting in Connecticut instead, at least that movie's cover has all that weird feathery shit coming out of the kids mouth.

Outlander - 6.5/10 interesting premise, well executed for a low budget film. James Cavizel saves this from otherwise being a 4/10 film. The Predator references were pretty subtle until the alien started bleeding fluorescent green blood, i thought that was pretty LOL, it was one of the most heavy handed homages to a movie i've seen in a while.

Archived