IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lockout i don't even know, turned it off about 5 minutes in due to some embarrassingly shitty cgi motorcycle chase scene. i mean fucking hell, it looked like something straight out of some cheap 1995 PC CD-ROM "interactive game" intro. 0/10 i guess.

lol i thought that scene was quite stylish, i even thought they might have done it like that on purpose lol

I've been meaning to watch Cube for like 15 years. I always used to see the box at Blockbuster, think "that looks cool." Then I'd see what the critics said and it was always negative so I'd let it go. I'll check it out now then.

spot on. i thought tyrannosaur was an outstanding first full-length from considine and can't wait to see more from him... and i think i might have watched biutiful on your recommendation and loved it!

^5, sweetheart.

Apparently, the half-Scotch in my veins runs deep, as my appetite and tolerance for bleak films is quite formidable.

about to watch TYRANnoSAUR

if it's anything like Dead Man's Shoes I'm guessing it will be entertaining and subtly humorous. as well as bleak.

Well, it wasn't entertaining, or humorous really. I like the characters the guy writes, and I like the actors (the guy who plays the Husband)

however I think the bleakness and "slowness" / "post-rock soundtrack" tends to water it down.

i think Considine should focus on Clint Eastwood classic imagery and extreme characterization, as well as faster pacing. I think this movie and many others like it have suffered from a slow pacing that tends to drag scenes out unnecessarily..

7/10. started off great then kind of meandered.

I agree Vamos. Just watched this and was disappointed. It wasn't a NEDS, that's for sure. Peter Mullan is a good actor, but I prefer him behind the camera. And based on this effort, I prefer Considine in front of it (a la Hot Fuzz). Did start off ok, but then meandered into predictable territory. Was counting time until the "showdown", which to the film's credit it subverted, but it was still meh.

Edit: and you're right, soundtrack really did not work.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (?) is on Netflix now. I'm going to watch it just so I can shake my fist at Shia LaBeouf for stealing my dream girl...... soon, Carey Mulligan... sooon....

Guest Rabid

Keoma - Really bad from start to finish, top to bottom. Recommended.

Can you elaborate please? I have this movie on my hard drive, haven't had the desire to watch it.

Guest uptown devil

I will take Mila Kunis then, she is mine. NONE OF YOU MAY HAVE HER!

Fine.

Carey-Mulligan_3.jpg

*rolls down grassy knoll with Carey Mulligan in my arms*

she looks like an 8 year old boy.

mila kunis on the other hand is a megababe.

Pulp Fiction - 9/10

American Reunion - boring/10 (a few chuckles here and there but i just wanted the movie to end so i could take a shit .. really boring movie)

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

The Thin Blue Line - 10/10

Patience (After Sebald) - Sebald/10

His words and thoughts 10/10. The Caretaker 8.5/10. The film 5/10. Some amateurish looking techniques IMHO. In particular the square in the middle that kept being used, shot in colour, of someone's feet. I also didn't like the way people's voice cut across each other.

Man Bites Dog - 7.5/10.

Repulsion - 9.5/10.

Archived