IGNORED

Need a good pseudonym for my music

So I made this username back when I was like 13, and I thought it was cool. For simplicity's sake I just used the same handle for just about every login/online service I ever used. I'm 20 now, and this tag fits me like a pair of toddler's shorts. Sneaksta appropriately said:

THEHAUNTINGSOUL IS GAYER THAN A BAG OF DICKS

Quite agreeable. I knew a while ago that it was going to have to change, especially before I put up a myspace with some tracks.

How do you guys come up with your artist name? I would use my first and last name but Westenberger is rediculous as hell also. I know this is sort of like that thread asking how you name your tracks but I am stumped. I dont want to do something that sounds lame because its trying to sound too cool, but I can't really get anywhere.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

numbers are out

phrases are in

pop culture references are out

sensory adjectives are in

the prefix 'DJ' is in, but nobody really understands why

misspellings are out

the letter X is always in

my old idm pseudonym modex came from the Mode X video mode

rooftop access (my post-rock band) came from wandering around on level 6 in the westfield shopping centre in bondi junction, nsw, looking down on the rooftops of other stores and thinking to myself 'i wish i had rooftop access'.

as for pselodux, i can't remember how i made that up. i think i might have come up with it trying to invent a name that sounded like a vacuum cleaner brand.

oh and archie martin vox (my metal/noise project) came from a now non-existant electrical/whitegoods department store chain.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
So I made this username back when I was like 13, and I thought it was cool. For simplicity's sake I just used the same handle for just about every login/online service I ever used. I'm 20 now, and this tag fits me like a pair of toddler's shorts. Sneaksta appropriately said:

THEHAUNTINGSOUL IS GAYER THAN A BAG OF DICKS

Quite agreeable. I knew a while ago that it was going to have to change, especially before I put up a myspace with some tracks.

How do you guys come up with your artist name? I would use my first and last name but Westenberger is rediculous as hell also. I know this is sort of like that thread asking how you name your tracks but I am stumped. I dont want to do something that sounds lame because its trying to sound too cool, but I can't really get anywhere.

i think your handle is cool. its kind of fantasy and fantasy is in. you'll think its funny. in a few years anyway.

if you need a replacement, just think

of the first thing that comes to mind and

allow that thought to terminate in language.

your music and humor, if true, will MAKE any name.

otherwise i suggest Mr. Skribble Kibble

Coffin Express

A Coco for Paul

Mr. Magimix

Enthusiastic Punctuation

Constable?

Open/Shut

Deliberate Misteak

Uncommon Louse

Harold Did It

HUNK !

Archived