IGNORED

Good podcasts?

Npoess

damn, they missed the System of a Down one again. I got into Semenville over lockdown, and by "got into" I mean I listened to the best bits as clipped and reposted by the yt massive (Future Files, Asian/Nubian Fidance, etc.) for some reason during peak lockdown all their videos were getting recommended to me daily. I can't sit through an entire 50 mins, podcasts still for some reason don't hold my attention for long.

things I like:

• middle school stupidity, doing voices and calling things gay (the mission statement of the show)
  • Stav laugh (this is an essential element and represents the first hurdle for new listeners)
  • Nick's autism (esp. his backstories or recounting shitty movies in extreme detail)
  • when Adam is genuinely funny instead of forever playing the passive punching bag (but also when he's a punching bag)

things I don't like:

• the fanbase (god damn they suck dick. in every video there are comments sucking Nick off and pointlessly savaging Adam/Stav as dead weight, not getting their relationship/dynamics at all)
  • Nick's serious takes (dancing too close to the Hyde line there m8)
  • basically Nick as a person, I think. he's definitely gotten more mental as the show has progressed.

marry Adam, fuck Stav, kill Nick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 6:28 AM, mister miller said:

office hours live w/tim heidecker

Yes! I've been listening for the past couple of years. Many hilarious moments.

If anyone is a fan of Vic Berger, check this out as he's one of the hosts.

• 2 weeks later...

Has no one mentioned Last Podcast on the Left? True crime/serial killers/cults/aliens/conspiracy theory presented from a comedic angle. Also all the podcasts on that network (Roundtable of Gentlemen, The Brighter Side, Wizard & the Bruiser, Page 7) are great.

Sorry if someone has mentioned it already, too lazy to pore through this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

popular front -> left leaning podcast where british journalist jake hanrahan speaks to academics about political current events in the world such as coups, niche conflicts, terrorist organisations, riots, strikes etc. there's currently 115 episodes to sink your teeth in: https://www.popularfront.co/podcast

the ricky gervais show on xfm -> karl pilkington, ricky gervais and steve merchant talked about everything and nothing between 2001 and 2005 on xfm. they did other podcasts afterwards but i find these ones to be the funniest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfVabuCCSY

I like all the Terry Miles Pacific Northwest podcasts. Tanis, Rabbits, Black Tapes, The Last Movie, and whatever else they do.

Also recommend: Shit Town, Leap Year Society, Wolf 359 (everyone on this forum should listen to that one!), Marvels, Wolverine, Sandman, and there are others. My wife controls the podcasting we do, so I’ll have to ask her, I’m sure I’m forgetting all kinds. She’s obsessed with true crime. Those true crime garage guys live by us, and are pretty cool, and she really like my favorite murderer.

Neil Gaiman’s Sandman is a must, even tho it’s not exactly a podcast, more of an audio retelling of the comics. I’ve read them and it is pretty dead on. Also the fact that Gaiman himself is narrating is just amazing. You are getting page descriptions and almost interpreted responses from the creator/writer himself. Hopefully the blind are now able to enjoy an art form they couldn’t before, as well. Just an awesome audio work in general for any fan of edgy shit.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

listening to some choice episodes from Jamie Lindell’s podcast Hanging Out With Audiophiles/HOWA the past week, Carl Craig, Hainbach, etc.

there’s also a good episode from the Sound on Sound podcast discussing the DX7/etc. history with some of the people who had their hands in its development and all: https://www.soundonsound.com/people/yamaha-dx7-birth-fm-synthesis-podcast

Edited by auxien
added link to SOS podcast/short article