IGNORED

Good Summer Music

Capsaicin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Biosphere's Dropsonde has sort of an early summer feel for me. Always listen to it a lot in May/June. Very atmospheric Ambient, might come across as a bit depressing.

biosphere-e280932006-dropsonde.jpeg

Robert Rich - Echo of Small Things. Like to put this on when falling asleep in summer to late summer. June/July/August/September. Another ambient one, more field recordings and stuff. Not depressing, just real relaxing and moody.

echoofsmallthings.jpg

Breakage - This Too Shall Pass. Rather simple Drum 'n Bass but it's got a special thing about it. Loved to listen to this in Madrid, after sunset. Yellow lit streets at night, still so heated up by the sun that you could walk with your bare feet but it wouldn't make a difference - very fitting for that sorta stuff. Later summer, July-October.

Breakage-This-Too-Shall-Pass.jpg

Also pretty much all of the BoC Old Tunes material and a lot of things my Murcof.

Some simple fun stuff:

Thirsty Fish - Testing The Waters. I know I always recommend this, but it turned out to be my fav album to listen to last summer. Just downright silly comedy hip hop with nice beats and a water theme. Makes you wanna jump into the pool.

BBR002CD.jpg

Dropsonde the opposite of summer music if you ask me.

really? what kind of visuals do you connect with it?

The beginning of the album reminds me of the atmosphere you get when you get up early in summer, when it's really bright but still relatively cold from the night. The middle bits make me think of when the tar on the roads starts to melt in the sunlight. The last couple tracks are dusk and eventually night.

Yeah it's probably not a "summer album" in the sense of enjoying the sun and the heat but I'd definitely place it in summer or late spring, just for these weird atmospheres. Also reminds me of how I never liked to be out in the sun around noontime when I was a kid cause everything was too bright for me (I heard this from a couple friends as well, figure this is normal, probably some biological eye-thing).

Guest disparaissant

last summer was all chillwave for me.

and this medications album

alas they are but a shadow of faraquet

and owen pallett

not sure what this summer will bring. i've been listening to loads of minimal and vague froide kinda stuff but it's still cold as fuck out.

(Good) House music is always necessary during the summer !

MOTORBASS : Flying Fingers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC1r2M6CAQo&playnext=1&list=PL65A65A8E3E294CD9

(taken off the Pansoul album, a huge classic of first generation french house, wonderful, very summer-y).

LE KNIGHT CLUB : Nymphae Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slMU1JeKBxk

(and all the Crydamoure stuff as well...Roulé by the way is super super great).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UqlJgsoLoQ

This track taken off the forthcoming Carniero's album is wonderful too...

And haters gonna hate...

Then, there is plenty of indian stuff too...

Can't go wrong with some FlyLo and the rest of the Brainfeeder gang...

Boards of Canada is also essential summertime music, Bibio also

Rod Modell (aka Deepchord) - Incense and Blacklight

Deepchord - Liumin, (also be sure to check out Hashbar Loops coming out soon)

Kontext - Dissociate, good for late night chilling

Ezekiel Honig - Surfaces of a broken Marching Band (and Folding in n itself out soon)

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

The Black Keys (especially their older stuff)

Washed Out - Life of Leisure (Pretty sure they got a new LP coming out too very soon)

Crystal Castles - I & II

Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte

Earth for those long hot August days, where everything feels slow

Telefon Tel Aviv - (anything)

Yppah - You Are Beautiful At All Times, They Know What Ghost Know

Fleet Foxes

Beck's always struck me as more summertime music

The Notwist - Neon Golden

The Depreciation Guild - Spirit Youth

I also find myself listening to a lot more hip-hop in the summer than any other time of year...

I pretty much boycott SAW8592 through winter in order to preserve its magic summer vibe

Combustication (MMW) is better than a cold beer

This.

Remember when i first bought SAW 85-92, it just before i went on a vacation to Croatia. Listened to it all the time on that trip. So everytime i hear it now, i can't help but getting that summer vibe.

SAW 85-92 = summer & good times.

Archived