Warp 20 Sheffield "Rave" Bass and DJ Set

Guest teetime

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else think that the first track into the warp 20 set sounds like it could have been straight off of hello everything, just by the feel of the music not to mention the sounds used?

sounds like a hybrid of hello meow and rotate electrolyte to me. not that i'm complaining at all....

Edited by benc812
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest electro elvis

i'm so gutted i misssed this gig!!!!

You could always come see Tom doing a rave and bass set at WANG, where he first developed this live performance style, in London on Saturday November the 14th. see http://www.wanging.com for more info

And if ya wanna know what Tom thinks of playing at WANG see: http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/forum/exclusive-squarepusher-interview-t7882.html

:squarepusher:

Seeing as how excited you all are by the footage from warp20 (which is feckin cool), I thought about uploading some of the camcorder footage I've got of Tom playing at WANG over the years, but most of the sound is really bad, as our parties are normally pretty loud with lashing of bass and the shitty built in mic on my cheapo camcorder just craps out and most of it sounds like shit. I'll have a dig about and see what i can find.

In the meantime I did find this photo online the other day that I'd never seen before. That's me using the headphones as a mic, to announce that it's midnight and wish everyone a happy new year, whilst Tom was doin his rave and bass thing, about 5 years ago. I've no idea who took the photo, but it made me laugh :biggrin:

79468768_5c763486db_o.jpg

ps sorry for the blatant plug, I'm just very very excited. Tom has found loads more old stuff going through his DATs and is currently working away on something new just for the night :yeah:

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has the thought crossed your mind that as long as a large chunk of watmm continue to slag him off he's gonna keep his little treasure trove to himself? He's hardly going to sit back on his couch in his finest waistcoat, silk cravat, sheepskin slippers, calabash pipe and a bottle of red and get onto Warp HQ on the Batphone and say ​Yeah release those tracks because watmm who's generally always slagging me off wants them.

The thought has crossed my mind, and that's why I'm always kind to Tom

(pm please Mr Jenkinson)

Has the thought crossed your mind that as long as a large chunk of watmm continue to slag him off he's gonna keep his little treasure trove to himself? He's hardly going to sit back on his couch in his finest waistcoat, silk cravat, sheepskin slippers, calabash pipe and a bottle of red and get onto Warp HQ on the Batphone and say ​Yeah release those tracks because watmm who's generally always slagging me off wants them.

The thought has crossed my mind, and that's why I'm always kind to Tom

(pm please Mr Jenkinson)

That window of opportunity is long gone, during 2004-2005 they would have hit hard, specially with the Analord craze, then segue to Hello Everything (2006) and reach maximum perfection, serves him right, at least RDJ was able to realize that times are different and started to reach out to his fans and engage with them.

I have noticed your one of his number one critics vasio ; )

Not sure why this Rome track has been kept under such lock and key for so long. There was a time I used to be really obsessed about it (class A induced)

Edited by beerwolf