IGNORED

New VHS Head release on SKAM

Guest Dogboy73

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really think its just a new artist, i read somewhere that most of it is made from old video samples, hence the name.

From the samples it sounds like it is, it definitely has a very rough sound to it, likely due to the sound sources used in the making.

i also found somewhere a list of kit Kris Blacow had..... kit list, also somewhere he talks about the sequential circuits pro 1.

it's you isn't it.

old vhs samples..... ? that's probably how BoC do it too. :smile:

but, what has kris blacow gotta do wit this VHS head?

Guest Scott Howard

i really think its just a new artist, i read somewhere that most of it is made from old video samples, hence the name.

From the samples it sounds like it is, it definitely has a very rough sound to it, likely due to the sound sources used in the making.

i also found somewhere a list of kit Kris Blacow had..... kit list, also somewhere he talks about the sequential circuits pro 1.

it's you isn't it.

no sirch, i can assure you it is definitely not me, dunno what made you think that?

i just like the music and was on it fairly quickly when the news dropped here. i just like it that is all.

also read my previous posts here in regards to why i think it is kris blacow. to my ears it sounds fairly obvious.

has this leaked yet?

Just buy the release ffs! it's only a fiver man. (about 8 bucks to you)

nobody in the US was shipping it when i last looked for it, i'll wait for the digital release (which appears to be coming out tomorrow on the various digital music stores)

I usually buy music from good labels, but i am one of those impatient types who likes getting a release before it's release date :)

it's you isn't it.

no sirch, i can assure you it is definitely not me, dunno what made you think that?

i just like the music and was on it fairly quickly when the news dropped here. i just like it that is all.

also read my previous posts here in regards to why i think it is kris blacow. to my ears it sounds fairly obvious.

I was only joking. :smile:

And i dont think it's Kris Blacow. He said it wasn't him on his myspace, right?

also that Neil Scrivin is not him either. so....

Maybe they just sound similar because they're mates from the same town, and use similar, or share the same gear?

Who knows. It's a wicked release tho! VHS Head. cool name too.

has this leaked yet?

nobody in the US was shipping it when i last looked for it, i'll wait for the digital release (which appears to be coming out tomorrow on the various digital music stores)

I usually buy music from good labels, but i am one of those impatient types who likes getting a release before it's release date :)

My apologies. I assumed you was one of those fellas that leaches everything and never gives the artists anything back. as in, buying the releases with actual money. :smile:

Guest Scott Howard

it's you isn't it.

I was only joking. :smile:

And i dont think it's Kris Blacow. He said it wasn't him on his myspace, right?

also that Neil Scrivin is not him either. so....

Maybe they just sound similar because they're mates from the same town, and use similar, or share the same gear?

Who knows. It's a wicked release tho! VHS Head. cool name too.

yeah your probably right, but then again, your probably wrong

not sure i'm that keen on the name, i reckon video club would've been better

great sounding from the samples though

gonna sound great on skam

Guest Scott Howard

has this leaked yet?

My apologies. I assumed you was one of those fellas that leaches everything and never gives the artists anything back. as in, buying the releases with actual money. :smile:

on behalf of robbie martin - awepittance - ( fluorescent grey) i would just point out that he runs recordlabelrecords....a beliver of profits for the artists, maybe? :facepalm:

It'd be nice if it really was. They are feckin good at remixing.. imo.

it could easily be them, but i don't reckon it is. but yeah, long live the Blue Oyster Cult! :wink:

Guest Glass Plate

I really don't think it is jackson, I mean why would he skip all the warp records he's supposed to release, and then release something in the same style but on skam? really makes no sense to me.

I hastily preordered this from Norman Records. Anyone had experience of them? I'm a bit pissed as I've no idea if it's even been dispatched, and I could've just bought it in my local record shop in Norwich last week. Damn, I sometimes wish I wasn't so quick off the mark.

I hastily preordered this from Norman Records. Anyone had experience of them? I'm a bit pissed as I've no idea if it's even been dispatched, and I could've just bought it in my local record shop in Norwich last week. Damn, I sometimes wish I wasn't so quick off the mark.

I ordered through them when picking up all the Analord 12'' a few years back, they're pretty darn nice - you normally get a personalised message and/or some sweeties !

I ordered through them when picking up all the Analord 12'' a few years back, they're pretty darn nice - you normally get a personalised message and/or some sweeties !

Ah cool, cheers mcb, I'll give them a fair crack of the whip then. I always enjoy their frank reviews.

norman records is excellent and is the fastest shipper i've found from UK to US for music.

this music doesn't sound like jackson and his computer band to me, the production is no where on the same level, maybe some of the plunderphonics and cutups are similar but this VHS Head is a lot more silly /illegal art esque than the warp release

Archived