IGNORED

I love you just a souvenir.

karmakramer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i like numbers lucent more than this lp, but i do agree it's a fantastic lp

the Ep is brilliant too... I liked it more actually initially, but JAS has grown so much since release. It just gets better and better imo.

based on hearing delta v on the squarepusher myspace or warp myspace before the album was released, i was expecting to dislike JAS. the first time i played the album my tiny mind was blown to pieces. as soon as it ended i put it on again and again for probably 5 or 6 full listens back to back. it may well have been the most mindblowing record i have ever heard in the sense that, many ,many years before, i had given up on ever being that blown away by a record again. i think the last record to smash up my mind to such a degree was thr rdj album 12 years earlier.

based on hearing delta v on the squarepusher myspace or warp myspace before the album was released, i was expecting to dislike JAS. the first time i played the album my tiny mind was blown to pieces. as soon as it ended i put it on again and again for probably 5 or 6 full listens back to back. it may well have been the most mindblowing record i have ever heard in the sense that, many ,many years before, i had given up on ever being that blown away by a record again. i think the last record to smash up my mind to such a degree was thr rdj album 12 years earlier.

Yeah Delta-V was a weird way to introduce the album... it wasn't until I bought the album on vinyl that I fell in love with it. The sound production on this album is insanely sharp.

I've still only played this twice. I just found it too silly and cheesy.

I eventually heard Numbers Lucent and was pleasantly surprised at how much better it is. I've played that one quite a bit. Of course an EP is easier to swallow. One of these days/months/years? I'll give the LP another chance.

I've still only played this twice. I just found it too silly and cheesy.

I eventually heard Numbers Lucent and was pleasantly surprised at how much better it is. I've played that one quite a bit. Of course an EP is easier to swallow. One of these days/months/years? I'll give the LP another chance.

Good, just try to go into it with a fresh mind.

When I smoke, I have this uncontrollable urge to put this on when I see it sitting amongst my records. Since I started collecting in 2008, I think I have amassed 130 or so records. And this one might be my most played. Not too surprising since I really haven't gotten my favorite stuff yet on vinyl. Only newer releases... some older used but less older electronic since most record shops don't cover much on the electronic side.

JAS is great. numbers lucent.... mehhh...? kind of lame. First loud listen was good, but it just feels overall kind of flat or shallow or something and its hard for me to really get into any of the songs.

Guest Sarnath

JAS is a great album. I love the songwriting in this album and his funky jazzy bass playing skills. It's a direction that Jenkinson embraces with such ease throughout the album. I'm curious what qualities other people like about this album in relation to his older work.

-cheers!-

-sarnath-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Protest

i had given up on ever being that blown away by a record again. i think the last record to smash up my mind to such a degree was thr rdj album 12 years earlier.

I reckon his brothers going to do the same next year. Im going to have it out with my ma, about why I wasnt born a Jenkinson.

I loved JAS from the off. It can only put you in a good mood, plus it seems tight as fuck without any wankery creeping in. One of my highlights of last year (and not just musically) was the night I downloaded the advance bleep release and played the crap out of it. Not spun it in a little while now, I must do.

Archived