IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Good music is good music, whether Autechre made it or not.

true, but i can guarantee if i (for example) made 'steels' (or most of quaristice for that matter) none of you would be ejaculating over it.

So if BoC, Aphex, Pusher, and Ae are all putting out albums this year... who do think will release the biggest hit? Basically who's gonna bring the best goods?

I'm actually thinking this album, Oversteps will be the best.

Edited by karmakramer

So if BoC, Aphex, Pusher, and Ae are all putting out albums this year... who do think will release the biggest hit? Basically who's gonna bring the best goods?

You left out Plaid. :sad:

And would Pusher release another album, already?

I'd put my money on Ae or Plaid for delivering the best goods.

Guest boredroom

Im hoping Plaid after the 2 promising OST releases.. I got a thinking that perhaps BOC aint even signed anymore.. or perhaps some personal stereo issues are a happening hmmm.. Da pusher throws releases together rapid so very likely we'll hear 1 or 2 fro him this year of usual quality :P

As for Aphex, maybe itll be an album with a variation of Ambient works & Drukqs although Id love to hear Aphex do twisted Hip Hop whatever that is..

Luke Vibert? Aint he overdue to release an album on Warp? and Autechre - with a title like Oversteps its got a LOT to live upto in peoples eyes and Im sure since they had the audacity to title it as such it will be a beauty and live up to its name.. a brave move and hopefully a very exciting record from Ae.. Hope Plaid bring back some of the magic from the Balil, Atypic era there was a glimmer of it in the Soundtracks they done... peace

I think either the Autechre or Plaid release will be 'best' album. Autechre, because they really still care about making their stuff sound quality, and because I can trust them to push things in whatever surprising new directions they want. I expect it'll be beautifully produced and will be surprising enough to prevent boredom. Plaid, because (unlike lots of people) I thought Spokes and Greedy Baby were both quite brilliant, because their last few soundtracks have been lush, and because they seem sincere with what they do and again won't skimp on quality. I miss those Plaid melodies.

I know Aphex Twin has produced some amazing music, but I'm not sure he will even actually release anything anyway - and apart from Fenix Funk 5 and XMD5A, I was pretty unimpressed with the rest of the Analords. There's also been a fair few pranks and duds shat out by him, which leave me somewhat wary. The Tuss was of course very special, though I'm still not sure it was down to him alone.

There was once a time where I would be excited about a new Squarepusher album, but I really don't find his new direction (and the overall 'sound') of any of his stuff since Ultravisitor particularly arresting. It's been pretty much a clear downward spiral with him, imho.

i hope oversteps is a hiphop album with guest MCs

or better yet. a post-rock album

i don't think i would like to hear either of those... all autechre albums are hip-hop albums, lol

I tried to edit my post, but it didn't work. It was a little unbalanced.

I think that if Aphex Twin does release a new album, it could be incredible, but for whatever reason it might end up being disappointing.

With Squarepusher, I meant since Ultravisitor AND Square Window/Venus No. 17 - and I think Hello Everything had its moments. But I stick by the downward spiral - especially in terms of mastering/production.

I don't think BoC will put out anything, unfortunately. :(

Did I miss something? When did BoC announce a new album?

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun

mdg is not very mellow for a dude that gets to hang out with boards of canada all the time

mdg is not very mellow for a dude that gets to hang out with boards of canada all the time

I would not like to be in his position for the same reason I do not start a aphex or ae wiki even so I technically could