IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I've noticed that there's what appears to be the sound of a girl being fucked at the very end of redfall, its quite quiet and hard to tell if that's what it is or not. After that there is a slightly louder sample of a male exhaling abruptly several times. Does anyone else notice this?

fuck. krYlon is fucking gorgeous. i can't stop listening to this album aargh!

I've noticed that there's what appears to be the sound of a girl being fucked at the very end of redfall, its quite quiet and hard to tell if that's what it is or not. After that there is a slightly louder sample of a male exhaling abruptly several times. Does anyone else notice this?

i can hear some sounds, but they could be anything!

Edited by modey

the track at 39:28 in the promo (still not really arsed figuring out track names), i wouldn't be surprised if the little bursts of pink noise were straight-up sampled aerosol (paint) spraycans. well b-boy :emotawesomepm9: - i've thought this from the very first time i heard the track. listen to the odd, irregular dynamics of the sound... it sounds very 'just sampled with a nice mic', with a human 'on the trigger' so to speak.

Edited by kaini

fuck. krYlon is fucking gorgeous. i can't stop listening to this album aargh!

i can hear some sounds, but they could be anything!

What quality rip do you have? I couldn't hear them when I transcoded it down to 128

the track at 39:28 in the promo (still not really arsed figuring out track names), i wouldn't be surprised if the little bursts of pink noise were straight-up sampled aerosol (paint) spraycans. well b-boy :emotawesomepm9: - i've thought this from the very first time i heard the track. listen to the odd, irregular dynamics of the sound... it sounds very 'just sampled with a nice mic', with a human 'on the trigger' so to speak.

i dunno but that track is fucking beautiful. so much space!

actually yeah it does sound like spray cans!

That's "Os Veix3" - the one with the cool Vangelis vibe. Great track, I love the suspended, floating feel. It really does sound like a recorded spraycan doesn't it?

As I pointed out before, "Krylon" is the trade name for the paint inside spray cans. So Oversteps might be a tagger's delight.

It really does sound like a recorded spraycan doesn't it?

As I pointed out before, "Krylon" is the trade name for the paint inside spray cans. So Oversteps might be a tagger's delight.

yup yup. and that's what made me (re)think of it.

there's always a few encoded b-boy things in there.

god damn, i fucking love autechre's music.

I'm sucking it up and listening again. Oh my fuck, I want to marry Treale.

god damn, i fucking love autechre's music.

...and i'm listening to it again. curse you, n00b!

read the rules or something.

it's almost like the anti-game

as a side-effect of this post, you just lost the game. but it's a small price to pay for another listen to oversteps :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by kaini

Yeah, the whole thing really grew on me this last listen. I love this album. I still want to underplay it until the WAV release, but it's going to be a tough slog.

Edit: unrelated note, Adult Swim just used Pro Radii on a bumper card while I was writing about teh awtekkers.

Edited by baph

Guest Renivatio

Listened to this several times in a recently...I think gl0tch (or another user) on xltronic said it best about how Oversteps is as if Amber and Chiastic Slide were seen from a shimmering veil or something to that effect. I concur and I'm only liking this record even more.

:emotawesomepm9:

:facepalm: it's obvious normanrecords has the real promo, same as the German radio.

we and pretty much everyone else who hasn't the promo, have a single .m4a file rip/recording in almost unacceptable quality by today's leaky standards, or a derivation thereof (cut-up mp3 v0).

Edited by Guest

im going to try to put a stop to this ridiculousness right now, I'm emailing Anthony Locke from norman, he just emailed me the other day about his label Catalyst and hes awaiting my response, i will ask him about this and post ASAP to the board.

Edited by Awepittance