IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Hai guyz!

For those of you lamenting the lack of beats in Oversteps, I've begun working on a release called "(Undercuts-"

Here's a preview of the first track I started working today: ++ [[ -LINK- ]] ++

Fuckin awesome man, I eagerly anticipate this thing.

Roughly 0 results found for “oversteps” in 0.006s. Did you mean: overrated?

i lolled

irl lol

I expect any negative reviews of Oversteps to use the "they've overstepped their bounds" pun/line extensively.

Did you listen to it Joyrex? Lots of melodies on this one, I think out of all of their post Confield material you would like this one the best.

Guest Archrival

I feel kind of sick in my stomach after the hearing of complete album.

...silent anxiety come over me. :fear:

clouded2.JPG

Logans Run directed by David Lynch! Fantastic!

That cover/pic is AMAZING! I agree with everyone that the cover is CRAP and dont fit the music at all! That cover tho would have been fantastic! Nice.

I can't stop listening to this (converted for the m4a single file and separated to 320 kbps mp3) tracks :whistling:

Same here. Every day at work, almost all day long. There is so much to discover still.

Hai guyz!

For those of you lamenting the lack of beats in Oversteps, I've begun working on a release called "(Undercuts-"

Here's a preview of the first track I started working today: ++ [[ -LINK- ]] ++

Pretty awesome. Will be keeping tabs on this.

-----------

If Quaristice is aquatic, Oversteps is more terrainian (I don't think that's even a word, but you catch my drift).

Os Veix3 is among my top 3, if not my favorite track. It's like walking across the surface of Mars, surrounded by rocks, spikes, and gaseous mini geysers, bouncing and erupting all around you like waveforms in rhythm with your step. Desolate and solitary, but not depressing. Wish it would go on longer. This album is an exploration for sure. New territory with familiar elements, and I'm enjoying it. Can't wait for full quality audio.

Edited by Superstix

Guest Greg Reason

So far I'm really enjoying "Lianne", "karmakramer", and "thief", I think they've got that sort of deep, mature sound that really rewards repeated listens. "Glotch", "Awepittance", and "Thehauntingsoul" are playful, catchy little ditties that seem to go on a tad too long, could have been edited down. Then there are a few like "lithgow" that are just a bit grating and you wonder what they were thinking. Overall though, pretty varied - the really long running time just seems to fly by, it doesn't drag at all.

bump

Guest bardamu

the one track i really dont get so far is "r ess." maybe the space and background noodling will be more interesting at better quality, dunno. ive heard that quite a few people really like it...would love to hear why.

the one track i really dont get so far is "r ess." maybe the space and background noodling will be more interesting at better quality, dunno. ive heard that quite a few people really like it...would love to hear why.

It's got that off centered head nodding beat likened to Quaristice layered with the cosmic groans likened to Confield.

perfect, swelling opener. it revealed real Autechre after 10 seconds listening to the leak the first time. lush filters, lush reverb. lush micro cymbal. creepy pitchbending tones that crawl down your spine. also personally, i think it's a seamless continuation of the Perlence saga, while at the same time saying "nay, i'm much different".

Edited by Guest

Guest Renivatio

It's amazing what a little bit of time and marijuana can reveal. I have no negative feelings towards this album now - anxiously awaiting to hear this in proper quality.

seriously, i need high quality now

oohh ye. :emotawesomepm9:

i don't understand how to keep up with threads that are 224 pages long!? do you just look at the last few pages and go off that? i always try and see the whole conversation so i don't repeat. are you guys just maniacs?

i don't understand how to keep up with threads that are 224 pages long!? do you just look at the last few pages and go off that? i always try and see the whole conversation so i don't repeat. are you guys just maniacs?

*ding ding ding*

i've hacked the computers in the facility I am in currently. the guards luckily left their stations about 30 minutes ago, so I was able to fap off a few times to the tits thread. i then switched gears and climaxed during one of lithgows rants while listening to treale. Feels good man.

I gave up after like 50 pages, but I've checked in a couple times, and, from what I can tell, there is nothing really to keep up with. Some people say they hate it. Then someone asks "am I the only person who likes this album?" Then some people say "no we hate it too". Then someone says "Oh, so I'm the only person who likes it". Then a bunch of people say "no, we like it too". Then someone says "Okay, so I guess I'm the only one here who isn't listening to this until it's officially released." Then rinse and repeat.

It's got that off centered head nodding beat likened to Quaristice layered with the cosmic groans likened to Confield.

HI DAVE LONG TIME NO SEE

unfortunately, some of us have been reading since post #1