IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Initial impressions:

1. I am leaving open the possibility we are being trolled with this leak.

2. The leak corrupts at 1:03:38.220.

3. The music is simplistic and "obvious" compared to previous releases but seems more enjoyable than Quaristice.

4. It seems some of the sounds are recycled from elsewhere.

5. The track that playing around 37 minutes in is the highlight.

6. In some tracks I am reminded of Aphex Twin's "Hexagon." For lack of a better term they sound "Chinese."

7. I like it.

it clearly isn't a fake, I'm pretty impressed some people are still doubting about this.

We don't need this german record site to show us proof.

german?

Contact details

Email: phil@normanrecords.com

Phone/Fax: (+44) 0113 2311114

Address: Unit 1 Armley Park Court, Stanningley Road, Leeds, LS12 2AE, UK

it clearly isn't a fake, I'm pretty impressed some people are still doubting about this.

We don't need this german record site to show us proof.

german?

Contact details

Email: phil@normanrecords.com

Phone/Fax: (+44) 0113 2311114

Address: Unit 1 Armley Park Court, Stanningley Road, Leeds, LS12 2AE, UK

Everyone talks german on this street, you should know about this. : )

no, but the radioshow was german.

again, i wrote that many times now: this wasn´t played on some shitty internet-radio-station. it was aired on "radio fritz" a channel of rbb, a radiostation based in the berlin area with ~5 million people. the djs were editors of germany two biggest eletrconic-music magazines "de-bug" and "groove". they even said in the show that they got warp´s permission to play oversteps tracks.

so if there are still people saying that the m4a is a fake, here is a message for you: go get yourself new brain fucktards. /hug

Edited by panz0r

again, i wrote that many times now: this wasn´t played on some shitty internet-radio-station. it was aired on "radio fritz" a channel of rbb, a radiostation based in the berlin area with ~5 million people. the djs were editors of germany two biggest eletrconic-music magazines "de-bug" and "groove". they even said in the show that they got warp´s permission to play oversteps tracks.

so if there are still people saying that the m4a is a fake, here is a message for you: go get yourself new brain fucktards. /hug

Heres something you could do with a new brain:

Imagine the possibility that Autechre sent out a promo that didn't contain the songs that will be on Oversteps?

Fuck, that couldn't ever happen could it?

no, like i said earlier, only the mind of a truly obsessed fan would even be able to come up with the idea.

btw. regarding bleep not releasing the proper downloads prematurely, maybe they would for business and stuff, but they can't cause of legal things..? ah gosh, that's almost equally loony :facepalm:

Edited by Guest

Heres something you could do with a new brain:

Imagine the possibility that Autechre sent out a promo that didn't contain the songs that will be on Oversteps?

Fuck, that couldn't ever happen could it?

no, it couldn´t. because why should warp send out faked promotional copies to the press? magazines had to review the fake stuff and the customers would buy a completely different product. i think warp´s marketing deprartment sucks, but they wouldn´t be THAT stupid. btw. 123 you american by any chance?

Edited by panz0r

a lot of this album reminds me of gamelan music. which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I got that vibe too. Awesome thing is I'm attending a Gamelan workshop 8 days after the album's release. So pumped for that. March is gonna be one hell of a month. :emotawesomepm9:

i like this album, but i'm going through a phase right now where my ears are kind of tired and bored of technical complexity. actually there is still some pretty sweet production in some of these tracks, it's just subdued (like a lot of subtle shaping of the sounds and clusters), not in your face.

i still think by far the best work i've heard from them in the past 5 years has been their live shows though..

-edit- gamelon music is awesome

Edited by TwiddleBot