IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

In conclusion;

At first you will fucking hate, I mean hate this album.

Then, for some weird reason, you will very quickly feel the urge to re-visit it again, and again, and again until you enjoy it.

You will eventually love, I mean fucking love this album.

And, not in the sort of 'you dont get it' Draft/Confield vein either.

And... I'm not joking.

i don't understand how to keep up with threads that are 224 pages long!? do you just look at the last few pages and go off that? i always try and see the whole conversation so i don't repeat. are you guys just maniacs?

unfortunately, some of us have been reading since post #1

I've read it all...

i don't understand how to keep up with threads that are 224 pages long!? do you just look at the last few pages and go off that? i always try and see the whole conversation so i don't repeat. are you guys just maniacs?

unfortunately, some of us have been reading since post #1

Yeah I've been here since page 1, both threads. Usually when there's threads I can't keep up with though I just read the last 2 pages or so and reply to whatever's happening at that point.

Well I've had 2 weeks off work so there's my excuse.

I have read it all, I have 6 months off work (and counting) that's my excuse.

Actually I have upped my watmming for this release/thread and it has delivered - mainly with the epic fails of lithgow. The redemption of awepittance was also heart-warming as he slowly came around to the charms of oversteps thus far :sorcerer: The various fakes were also highlight - a lollercoaster of danger and confusion.

I'm still holding out for some Rook action but I don't think he will be down with m4a's - a man of high distinction and taste obviously.

In conclusion;

At first you will fucking hate, I mean hate this album.

Then, for some weird reason, you will very quickly feel the urge to re-visit it again, and again, and again until you enjoy it.

You will eventually love, I mean fucking love this album.

And, not in the sort of 'you dont get it' Draft/Confield vein either.

And... I'm not joking.

the "oversteps effect"

It happened to me.

I'm a little surprised here having grown up listening to Autechre since at least '94, at some of the dissapointment in this album. Full disclosure here, from Krylon on out, I lose focus in this album, but I doubt that matters to them. OR ME... I'm pleased with their return to stretched out melodies, and frankly, I'm fucking fried after hearing just 20 minutes of this record. After that, I'm completely floored by it. It's an emotional record, and it needs loving ears. I love this motherfucker. I Absolutely love it. I think most of you do. And Treale? Holy fucking God. Amazing.

Edited by acroyear

i haven't heard none o' these leaks n' shit. i'm saving myself up for when i buy an actual copy. OVERSTEPS VIRGIN

Ha, I think I might have to insert that in my sig! :emotawesomepm9:

In regards to the 225 page thread, I was reading both threads since day one...and I STILL haven't listened to any of the leaks. I think it'll be quite interesting hearing the album for the first time after having read so many varied opinions on it.

As for keeping up with long threads, for those that don't know, just click the little orange arrow in a box that's to the left of the thread name, and it brings you to the latest unread (by you) post.

Hai guyz!

For those of you lamenting the lack of beats in Oversteps, I've begun working on a release called "(Undercuts-"

Here's a preview of the first track I started working today: ++ [[ -LINK- ]] ++

Bring it.

I think it's their best since Draft, and it is their most friendly album hands down. The asperger-y chilliness that has been there since Incunabula is pretty much gone. It sounds like they are just having a lot of fun being weird. There is no way anyone could call this album pretentious (apart from maybe the track names and cover art).

I think it's their best since Draft, and it is their most friendly album hands down. The asperger-y chilliness that has been there since Incunabula is pretty much gone. It sounds like they are just having a lot of fun being weird. There is no way anyone could call this album pretentious (apart from maybe the track names and cover art).

That's so true (again.... only listened once... although the more I think about it the more I can't wait to get my hands on that cd).

I felt that about Quaristice though, they just don't take themselves that seriously any more (at least the music suggest's that) which is cool I think. Even if it's not the mind blowing, epic journey they used to take us on, it's more sort of playful and fun.

Well I've had 2 weeks off work so there's my excuse.

I have read it all, I have 6 months off work (and counting) that's my excuse.

Actually I have upped my watmming for this release/thread and it has delivered - mainly with the epic fails of lithgow. The redemption of awepittance was also heart-warming as he slowly came around to the charms of oversteps thus far :sorcerer: The various fakes were also highlight - a lollercoaster of danger and confusion.

I'm still holding out for some Rook action but I don't think he will be down with m4a's - a man of high distinction and taste obviously.

I'm pretty confident Rook is waiting out for the vinyl. That will be the first thing he experiences Oversteps on. Alone, in a dark room with headphones. If I know Rook, that will be what he does.

In a way, I concur. The loose, improvising approach taken on this album and the quaristice bunch is a nice change of pace to whats been release by Ae before. And indeed, it works great with the live performances, is good to listen and rave to at the same time.

Yet I crave the manic attention to detail, and micromanaged approach of the previous releases. The new stuff is a great listening experience , yet the older stuff ( untilted and going backwards, Tri Rep in particular ) sent shivers down my spine with its perfectly timed sequence of "events", orchestration etc.

well, you just can´t have both I suspect.

:cisfor: