IGNORED

A very simple request to Ae

thehauntingsoul

When you guys are slowing down on the music making, you should write a book. I'm not talking any old book here, I'm thinking it should be a huge book, about 1400 pages, and the cover should be that woven fabric type of stuff they put on really academic looking books. The cover should have AE printed in the same way as on the cover of Gantz Graf, but right in the center. I don't really care about the colour, surprise me. The book should have no title, and the fans will refer to it as the "Autechre Tome". The book should be divided into two parts:

The first part should detail your releases, with the first several pages for each release containing full page prints of the cover art, followed by information on the tracks such as who made which part, what sort of feelings you were experiencing while writing, that sort of thing. Possibly even include your general retrospective attitude towards the individual tracks.

The second part of the book should be an in depth writing into the nature of music and your general attitudes and philosophies towards music. Try to get right down to the core of it all, and hopefully you could beef it up with a ton of insight and discussion of techniques that you guys like to use.

Anyways Sean and/or Rob, sorry for taking up your time, I'm sure you'll agree that what I'm asking really is not much at all. I'll pay stupidly inflated prices for this. I can't say for sure but at the moment I'll say at least $500.

Love, TheHauntingsoul :cisfor:

No offense, I don't think they give a fuck that much. They're just talented and it's probably as simple as that. Anti-climatic, but likely true.

pretty much

however, an ae boxset would be lush. especially with 5.1 mixes!

which brings me to think, of all bands, you'd think autechre would jump the fuck on the 5.1 bandwagon, no?

When you guys are slowing down on the music making, you should write a book. I'm not talking any old book here, I'm thinking it should be a huge book, about 1400 pages, and the cover should be that woven fabric type of stuff they put on really academic looking books. The cover should have AE printed in the same way as on the cover of Gantz Graf, but right in the center. I don't really care about the colour, surprise me. The book should have no title, and the fans will refer to it as the "Autechre Tome". The book should be divided into two parts:

The first part should detail your releases, with the first several pages for each release containing full page prints of the cover art, followed by information on the tracks such as who made which part, what sort of feelings you were experiencing while writing, that sort of thing. Possibly even include your general retrospective attitude towards the individual tracks.

The second part of the book should be an in depth writing into the nature of music and your general attitudes and philosophies towards music. Try to get right down to the core of it all, and hopefully you could beef it up with a ton of insight and discussion of techniques that you guys like to use.

Anyways Sean and/or Rob, sorry for taking up your time, I'm sure you'll agree that what I'm asking really is not much at all. I'll pay stupidly inflated prices for this. I can't say for sure but at the moment I'll say at least $500.

Love, TheHauntingsoul :cisfor:

Image001-6.jpg

bookae.png

20436_204546764955_204527919955_813.jpg

they could just listen to their cds one after another and post on twitter:

SB: lol I did that bit @ 4:55 snds lush still

RB: I made the g2 patch that plyd this one lol no tweaking left the room - trk 5

SB: OMG Maetl sux now lolzorz

ETC

@modey

I can't imagine their music in 5.1 mix. It's not meant to be played as a museum installation.

Ok maybe...aeo3 & 3hae

i think standing in a 5.1 installation of chiastic slide might actually make me turn into a pile of goo.

thehauntingsoul, I thought a fanboy like you would recall the interview where Ae state that they don't know how or why they do parts of songs, they fall into a process led by intuition. How a result was obtained is not important to them. They also say that they don't know which parts are done by who. They constantly swap files, etc and open them up again to have them be completely different. I'm sure they know some of them here and there, but they say they don't really think about that stuff.

Guest Enter a new display name
A very simple request to Ae Really, I'm not asking much!

Writing over 1,000 pages of text really is an easy task...

Guest bitroast

hahaha. reading interviews, every single one of them seems to be them going on about how much they hate interviews, talking about their music. this really seems like the last thing they would ever do.

maybe for their ever requested live album, they should encase it in a large luscious leather book (complete with an 'ae' on the front), with hundreds of pages of generated computer art :P

write one yourself, for your own music

i want to do this, but nobody would buy it lol. maybe when i'm 70 years old, i can write my 'idm&post-rock memoirs' with an accompanying 100 hours of music stored on whatever the trendy listening medium is at the time.

they could just listen to their cds one after another and post on twitter:

SB: lol I did that bit @ 4:55 snds lush still

RB: I made the g2 patch that plyd this one lol no tweaking left the room - trk 5

SB: OMG Maetl sux now lolzorz

ETC

lol, this sounds like it'd be much more fun.

which brings me to think, of all bands, you'd think autechre would jump the fuck on the 5.1 bandwagon, no?

Actually, I'd think them the last band to do so. Simply because of their love of the simpler times, tape and whatnot. I think mixing 5.1 would be too much wanking around for them and probably no fun. I'm speculating here now, but from what I can tell from their interviews they'd find that process boring.

Actually, I'd think them the last band to do so. Simply because of their love of the simpler times, tape and whatnot. I think mixing 5.1 would be too much wanking around for them and probably no fun. I'm speculating here now, but from what I can tell from their interviews they'd find that process boring.

i guess so. maybe albums like confield wouldn't translate well to 5.1 since i hear it as just a block of sound where the melodies and rhythms affect each other sonically etc. but oversteps would be pretty amazing in 5.1 i think.

i guess so. maybe albums like confield wouldn't translate well to 5.1 since i hear it as just a block of sound where the melodies and rhythms affect each other sonically etc. but oversteps would be pretty amazing in 5.1 i think.

Wouldn't know... yet!

That's not to say I wouldn't like to hear them in 5.1 by the way. Actually, I've still not listened to an album in 5.1!

Wouldn't know... yet!

That's not to say I wouldn't like to hear them in 5.1 by the way. Actually, I've still not listened to an album in 5.1!

10 years from now that'll be the standard format, I bet. I haven't listened to this either, although I didn't realize there were albums in 5.1

Guest bitroast

haha, were the first 5.1 albums mixed similar to the first stereo albums? just, really over the top with the whole drum track over in the corner, vocals coming from centre, bass back to the left.

haha, were the first 5.1 albums mixed similar to the first stereo albums? just, really over the top with the whole drum track over in the corner, vocals coming from centre, bass back to the left.

Fuck, that would drive me to madness I think

Archived