IGNORED

B12

Guest Apeofnaples

Guest Calx Sherbet

hm, that's strange. i made a b12 thread, but i can't find it

along with the two albums you mentioned, i really like all those musicology/redcell/2001/cmetric b sides. practopia is pretty good stuff too, "New Age" is so cute! Electro Soma is the SHIT though. takes me back to a time when i was still exploring all this stuff. the way Basic Emotion starts is so memorable for me

alright, you really got me in the mood for them again.

I only discovered them a few months ago, and started with Last Days of Silence which I like a lot. Then I got Time Tourist which I haven't liked as much, but have only played it twice so far. I just found Last Days of Silence more interesting and modern I guess. Time Tourist seemed more ambient techno which I'm not as into.

B12 are probably my favorite of the A.I. era of Warp. Very underrated and easily "classic" techno artists. Their material is very evocative of that era without sounding too dated.

Is this really the first B12 thread?

Guest Calx Sherbet

B12 are probably my favorite of the A.I. era of Warp. Very underrated and easily "classic" techno artists. Their material is very evocative of that era without sounding too dated.

nope

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/49754-b12/page__p__1142949__fromsearch__1entry1142949

oh, and Satori on Electro Soma. i swear there is a Brian Eno track that starts exactly like it. it's either an Apollo track or something on Shutov Assembly. i can't place it

i'm still noticing this!!

Guest Apeofnaples

I only discovered them a few months ago, and started with Last Days of Silence which I like a lot. Then I got Time Tourist which I haven't liked as much, but have only played it twice so far. I just found Last Days of Silence more interesting and modern I guess. Time Tourist seemed more ambient techno which I'm not as into.

I just picked Last Days of Silence up, liking it, definitely a harder sound

nope

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/49754-b12/page__p__1142949__fromsearch__1entry1142949

Ah, thanks, and sweet, it has a huge list of recommendations!

i have a 12" of theirs that is apparently rare and expensive. it has that telephone track on it and a bunch of etchings and a fax number.

i love these guys especially the newer. i just think they got so good in the modern. i really treasure my red Practopia and blue Slope 12"s, and they sold out really fast. Practopia is 100% good. guess it was originally a Redcell EP. Last Days of Silence is so good i find it hard to listen to the old ones, mind you i didn't really catch them the first time around.

Slope is a surefire floor destroyer, my copy is fairly battered now from rinsing it senseless

They got any other stuff in a similiar vein?

yeah check any of that newer stuff. 32 Lineup or Last Days of Silence. killed me that LDoS had every track from 32 Lineup and Slope on it, though i think some of the mixes were slightly different.

not to mention the label itself. the Posthuman EP was great! the last track sounds exactly like BoC.

i think eventually there should be a Boards of Canada compilation where all the artists make songs exactly in that style but not covers.

Archived