IGNORED

recommend me things that are very like alva noto's unitxt

kaini

or autechre/autechre derivatives.

and i mean the main part of the album not the pretentious if slightly interesting 'data' tracks at the end

(and i am very familiar with SND already too). TIA :emotawesomepm9:

i shall definitely check byetone and uwe schmidt - obviously i know r-n mang.

i love unitxt but i find a lot of the other raster-noton stuff i've heard a bit dry and anal.

i shall definitely check byetone and uwe schmidt - obviously i know r-n mang.

i love unitxt but i find a lot of the other raster-noton stuff i've heard a bit dry and anal.

You already know Uwe Schmidt - Senor Coconut, Atom Heart, Geez'n'Gosh, Lisa Carbon Trio etc. (and his like 50 other aliases).

You might be interested in Cobblestone Jazz, it's a little more techy, but it's some quality material. Check out the Dumptruck 12".

you might like Farmers Manual or the more data based side project by a member of it called PXP, he has 2 records out on Coh's record label 'wavetrap' also check out Coh if you havent already

edit: this CD is amazing

R-126388-1223799869.jpeg

Pxp - while(p){print"."," "x$p++}

the linear notes say the content is 'extreme computer music' very appropriate and funny genre name for the contents inside. Mostly rhythmic/beat based but still very raw digitally computer centric sound

Ryoji Ikeda's data works are brilliant.

Yeah! Dataplex is awesome.

this is almost exactly what i'm after, and i remember wire loving it too. will definitely be checking this.

Also see

Aoki Takamasa's work,

Dumb Type (Ryoji Ikeda was in this outfit,)

Electroton label see Cernlab, Bbcb, Kabutogani and Weiss (this might be the label's whole output!)

Eyephone Evergreens and Reductive are both like clickier/glitchier version of Tri Repetae

L.O.D.(Level of Detail; clickish techno)

Frank Bretschneider (especially Rhythm)

Raster Noton's Uni series (Mika Vainio, Grischa Lichtenberger, and NHK, all are great)

Tristan Perich's 1 Bit Music (ok, its in the same ballpark, imagine Pansonic using their sine machines to make more melodic tones, but still quite harsh)

you might like Farmers Manual

i had a feeling you would say that rob lol. say for someone who likes the sorta common ground between chiastic slide and unitxt (i hope that makes sense) what farmers manual would you recommend? all i know (or my impression) is that they're fairly quiet, kinda andrew mackenzieish, sorta surgical in approach (++) and have a scary big catalogue...

on the alva noto unitext thing, i totally agree with the others : check R.Ikeda, it could not be closer to unitext.

on farmersmanual, they were great, a bit more esoteric & abstract. sadly, their database with every single live recording (like 4 days of mp3) is now offline. get the RLA DVD, or start with Montreal 1999 (long set).

http://www.discogs.com/Farmers-Manual-Rla/release/130660

Guest narkeworld

Also see

Aoki Takamasa's work,

Dumb Type (Ryoji Ikeda was in this outfit,)

Electroton label see Cernlab, Bbcb, Kabutogani and Weiss (this might be the label's whole output!)

Eyephone Evergreens and Reductive are both like clickier/glitchier version of Tri Repetae

L.O.D.(Level of Detail; clickish techno)

Frank Bretschneider (especially Rhythm)

Raster Noton's Uni series (Mika Vainio, Grischa Lichtenberger, and NHK, all are great)

Tristan Perich's 1 Bit Music (ok, its in the same ballpark, imagine Pansonic using their sine machines to make more melodic tones, but still quite harsh)

Fuck yeah, Eyephone!:)

Archived