IGNORED

[WARPbot] Aphex Twin: Confirmed European DJ Dates this Summer

Joyrex

Guest griever

I'm not flying half way around the world for a DJ set.

Hell, when WAS the last time he played a live Aphex Twin or AFX show?

i think he'll never do that again. anyways, those sets were boring, just playing track after track, maybe some effects or little live arrangements but that's it. i think his dj sets are much more entertaining and you get to know a lot of good tracks by other artists. why should he carry around all his analogue stuff if he can do better things with his laptop and a midi controller? he's got all of his tracks on it, too. i would say his old machines are very precious to him and he's also afraid of them being damaged at a live show or during transport.

i say: come to germany again with a nice dj set :smile:! who cares about the bad weather at the melt! festival last year, it was a very entertaining show ^^.

On the London date he is in the slot above Annie Mac LoL......Yeah fucking grenade practice.

If that was a metal crowd Annie Mac would last about 30 seconds because of the barrage of missiles heading her way. Not that I advocate violence against anyone never mind women but I could see the carnage.

How many Aphex fans are going to put up with that bullshit?

Perhaps a more peaceful demo of chanting her to fuck off the stage would be more apt?

Guest David R James

On the London date he is in the slot above Annie Mac LoL......Yeah fucking grenade practice.

If that was a metal crowd Annie Mac would last about 30 seconds because of the barrage of missiles heading her way. Not that I advocate violence against anyone never mind women but I could see the carnage.

Perhaps a more peaceful demo of chanting her to fuck off the stage would be more apt?

most people will probably be more familiar with annie mac than aphex twin tbh, it's that sort of line up, kinda popular dance music kinda thing. You will find mostly wannabe trendies and such.

most people will probably be more familiar with annie mac than aphex twin tbh, it's that sort of line up, kinda popular dance music kinda thing. You will find mostly wannabe trendies and such.

Yep thats what I am thinking. I think this LED fest might be worth a miss TBH. Aphex will get the stage for an hour perhaps a smidgen more, and you will be sharing your space with thousands of numpties. Then again what sort of set will he play to keep the hoardes happy? Thats the brilliance of AFX you never know what might happen.

sounds like it's going to be one of those sets full of sandpaper and nazi imagery on the video-screen, just to piss people off. and rightly so...

what's with the new rdj on pitchfork btw?

It's been a minute since we've heard new music from Richard D. James-- and many, many minutes since we're heard from James as Aphex Twin-- but that's not stopping the enigmatic beatmaker from scheduling a few DJ gigs in Europe this summer, according to Warp. (Via the Daily Swarm.) Perhaps he'll spin something new. Dates below:

Yep thats what I am thinking. I think this LED fest might be worth a miss TBH. Aphex will get the stage for an hour perhaps a smidgen more, and you will be sharing your space with thousands of numpties. Then again what sort of set will he play to keep the hoardes happy? Thats the brilliance of AFX you never know what might happen.

part of the reason im tempted to go, also, he's a special guest now.

sounds like it's going to be one of those sets full of sandpaper and nazi imagery on the video-screen, just to piss people off. and rightly so...

what's with the new rdj on pitchfork btw?

It's been a minute since we've heard new music from Richard D. James-- and many, many minutes since we're heard from James as Aphex Twin-- but that's not stopping the enigmatic beatmaker from scheduling a few DJ gigs in Europe this summer, according to Warp. (Via the Daily Swarm.) Perhaps he'll spin something new. Dates below:

something new eh???? ENTIRE NEW ALBUM FROM TRACK 1 TO THE END AND THEN WALKS OFF THE STAGE WITH STRONG GABBA AND RANDOM ASS AUTOPSY FOOTAGE PERHAPS???? :spiteful:

I just recently told a friend -- rather vowed -- that I would fly to Europe in a heartbeat to see Aphex Twin. (Granted that's not the only thing I'd do there). Figures these announced dates coincide perfectly with my first semester of graduate school and my move across the country =\

I just recently told a friend -- rather vowed -- that I would fly to Europe in a heartbeat to see Aphex Twin. (Granted that's not the only thing I'd do there). Figures these announced dates coincide perfectly with my first semester of graduate school and my move across the country =\

G'won then.

Archived