IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

Guest RadarJammer

this ep felt slow and boring and that last slow moving camera scene made me feel like this ep was even more slow than i could bear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are you guys willingly subjecting yourselves to this show if it is evidently an ordeal for you all? Pages of bashing; I for one think this is the best season yet, and I like that a lot of the actors aren't attractive in a traditional Televised sense. Ones man's 'boring' is another man's 'dramatic restraint'.

Guest RadarJammer

Why are you guys willingly subjecting yourselves to this show if it is evidently an ordeal for you all? Pages of bashing; I for one think this is the best season yet, and I like that a lot of the actors aren't attractive in a traditional Televised sense. Ones man's 'boring' is another man's 'dramatic restraint'.

there aren't any other zombie shows on tv

there aren't any other zombie shows on tv

wow exactly what i was gonna say

i'm obsessed with zombie stuff, and until NBC introduces a documentary-style zombie sitcom we're stuck with this show as our lone zombie-related televesion series.

i'm obsessed with zombie stuff, and until NBC introduces a documentary-style zombie sitcom we're stuck with this show as our lone zombie-related televesion series.

That would be awesome. Or especially a "serious" documentary...

After the Apocalypse; dealing with your walker relatives

Kinda like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNIs4YKtZM

but proper serious

Edited by feltcher

last two episodes, time for these fucks to go to war already.

Last two episodes of this season. Bet war doesn't start until next season. lulz.

I read through the comic in the last week and definitely found it more enjoyable than the television series.

The comic uses the "man's inhumanity to man" / "the monster is within" and "What would you do to survive? Would you Really?" themes well.

The television show pretends to use the same themes but doesn't do it as extremely or well.

Now I've read the comic I think: What is the point of the television show that can't match the powerful themes?

I'm not pretending the comic is flawless... but for a zombie apocalypse story it does a more convincing "humanity is it's own worst enemy" experience.

Which is fairly well the point of all major zombie fiction.

P.S.

War already. Fuck.

Edited by octopus

I used to love this show as I would have nightmares of a zombie apocalypse every time I had watched an episode.

But watmm-user teetime kept telling me about its flaws, I didn't want to listen, but I can't un-hear his criticism and god damn he is right.

The very first episode of the first season was good. Real good. But most of the stuff that followed wasn't all that great. Not terrible, but not great either. The nightmares are just rooted in my fear of a zombie-survival-situation itself, but objectively, it's not a good series... still watching though.

Anyone played the game by Telltale games? It's supposed to be THE shit.

I watched the whole first season, which I thought started out really strong and ended terribly with that hokey CDC episode. Then, uninterested, I skipped season 2 entirely. My current roommate is heavily into the show so I've been watching the second half of season 3 with him and actually really enjoying it. The things that make the show for me are not the gripping plot or character arcs, which are actually pretty standard fare for TV drama, but moments like Michonne using wire she's tied up with to cut a zombie's head off, or Merle fucking shit up with a knife arm. The insane gore effects and increasingly creative zombie kills make this show very entertaining in spite of how average the writing & acting is.

Edited by autopilot

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the show. It actually has characters you care for.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

last night's episode was one of the best so far. it was written by the same person who wrote "clear," by the way. daryl discovering walker merle was absolutely devastating. I guess we have andrea's torture and the governor's death to look forward to for the season finale.

last night's episode was one of the best so far. it was written by the same person who wrote "clear," by the way.

apparently that guy is becoming show runner in S4, so that's kinda promising maybe?

OH GOD DAMN IT I didn't realize there was a new episode so I kept reading this thread. Totally spoiler'd it for myself now. :sleep:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the show. It actually has characters you care for.

How can I get it? Is it an online-only release? I never used Playstation Store for anything except free demos and I don't think I put a valid location in there, let alone own a credit card ...

Guest theSun

the merle scene was pretty sweet tho.

funny that they didn't get to andrea at all in the last episode, she was just chillin in the chair the whole time.