IGNORED

Share your dreams

Guest happycase

Recently I had a nightmare scenario with some warm milk. It was the usual setup, filling a saucepan with milk and heating it on the stove, but in this dream it started to crust over. Before I knew it, the entire pan was filled with thick shards of a horrible white substance. It had such an overpowering presence, I knew so vividly how it felt, how crunchy it was, how sickening it tasted. I remember a piece of it being especially thick, which seemed to make it worse.

The previous day I had been eating candy with a crunchy white shell, and thinking about the last time I made warm milk, when the burnt patch at the bottom of the saucepan flaked up a little. I guess I just combined those two ideas in my head and went to sleep with them...

I'm some kind of little fish thing that's been washed up on the beach and I'm dying. I've accepted that I'm dying and I'm not all that bothered by it but there's this crab that keeps taking little bites and trying to eat me before I'm fully dead. I'm paralysed but I can just about use my voice. I see my mum walking along the beach and have to use all of my last energy in desperation to get my final words out to her and finally when I get her attention she looks down at me and I say "mum can you get this fucking crab off of me before I'm dead". I wake up.

Guest disparaissant

i had a dream about a plane crashing, only i wasn't in it or watching it, it just happened

one where i found a modular synth at a garage sale for like 85 bucks and i was SO EXCITED and then i woke up

and then another dream where i lived in a world where the word "rostrum" was spelled with an h. rhostrum. it looks so much classier.

Guest EleminoP

I dreamed EOD was a middle aged woman and I wanted to hang with her after the show but my mother needed to give me a ride and I thought it'd be weird to explain to her I wanted to hang with a middle aged woman.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that I was on an old farmhouse porch, somewhere on a hot southern night, playing some little instrument. I then demonstrated for an old lady my ability to dance like Flip the Frog (MGM's first cartoon). And sang a song out of the corner of my mouth like a tinny 1900's vinyl recording. I then actually woke up, and didn't know where I was, didn't recognize my room or anything, and felt really good for like 30 seconds. I didn't have any clue who or where I was, it felt good.

Has anyone here ever had dreams in which they went on a senseless killing spree?

I have had such dreams.

Sometimes I switch from the perspective of the murderer to the perspective of the guy who saves the universe and stops the murderer. Sometimes it is unclear whether these are distinct entities.

Edited by baph

Has anyone here ever had dreams in which they went on a senseless killing spree?

a lot of my dreams involve killing people for some reason even though i'm a quiet, peaceful person

Edited by isaki

Guest RadarJammer

Anyone have a crazy nicotine patch dream to share? I snoozed off while watching some Clint Eastwood movie and took a couch nap wearing a 21mg patch and had the wildest dream experience ever.

It started out with me in a bedroom watching through the doorway a line of people organized from tallest to shortest walking to a meal hall, I started asking a girl from the line some questions and found out that in this world/dimension boys and girls were different species so boys mated with boys to make baby boys and same for girls. She was attractive and I didn't really get it so I made a bet with her that if I could prove the existence of giants she would sleep with me. I lived what seemed like a real-time day in this place before returning to the guest room I started in and went to dream-sleep.

I woke up on my real-life couch and noticed Space Balls was on tv and I groggily walked around for a few minutes before returning to my nicotine patch nap. I woke up back in this other world again and tried to go about having another day there only this time people were starting to realize I wasn't from there and I went on the run after seeing a helicopter hovering outside the bedroom window. I ran my way into a big park and then I noticed the head of a giant over a treeline so I started running that way and I accidentally cut through a soccer game and one of the players small dogs chased after me and bit my pant legs and I fell down on the grass and was suddenly awake on my couch again only this time it was the same Clint Eastwood movie. The previous awakening was a false one.

That is a crazy dream.

I ask about the killing spree because I had a dream recently that was kind of strange and I think I'd had similar ones (rarely) before. I was in a mall, and I'd just found out that I was actually in a simulation, no one was actually real, so I took out a huge knife and started murdering people left and right. I targeted adult women in particular and I remember cutting into a lady's stomach and then sticking the knife into her vagina and slicing her up. I think there was some aspect of desperation to it, like since no one was real, I was kissing and hugging people and then killing them and mutilating them in search of intimacy...while knowing that they were artificial intelligences and were not truly conscious. Very disturbing dream, especially since I am an extreme pacifist and averse to any type of violence.

It seems like I don't really remember any dreams unless I'm in periods of elevated stress or anxiety.

I remember one from two or three months ago I had, where I encountered some large floating mechanical being, shaped like a whale. To call it a robot would be a loose term. Whether it was Earth in origin wasn't clear. But it was floating in the hallway of some kind of convention center. It made a shrill screaming sound, then it looked like it was about to attack me with some energy-based projectile weapon, and then I ran the other direction. But that's all I can remember from that particular dream.

Guest bitroast

dream from sunday nighht - werner herzog took me and group of people to a sewage plant. he was wanting to make his next documentary film on the plant, explaining that he found beauty in how the matter was processed and pondered on what lied in the history of all the sewage (although, he kept making the mistake of referring to it as 'chocolate' and needing to be corrected).

i wandered off and started playing with some of the machinery, which resulted in pipes overheating uncontrollably. herzog started yelling telling everyone to get out. we all left the building, and watched back as the sewage plant blew up with fountains of 'chocolate' shooting into the sky.

dream from sunday nighht - werner herzog took me and group of people to a sewage plant. he was wanting to make his next documentary film on the plant, explaining that he found beauty in how the matter was processed and pondered on what lied in the history of all the sewage (although, he kept making the mistake of referring to it as 'chocolate' and needing to be corrected).

i wandered off and started playing with some of the machinery, which resulted in pipes overheating uncontrollably. herzog started yelling telling everyone to get out. we all left the building, and watched back as the sewage plant blew up with fountains of 'chocolate' shooting into the sky.

lol

Guest disparaissant

i'm going to meet a bunch of my girlfriend's extended family over thanksgiving and i'm apparently a lot more nervous about it than i thought becuase last night i had a dream that i met them and we went out to eat at this buffet and they kept throwing food at me and then ditched me with the bill. it was disturbingly realistic.

Coincidentally, last night i actually had a dream about happycase. He was running on some traintracks and I didn't want to go with because it was dangerous. But i followed anyway and trains were coming here and there. I dodged into the bushes to avoid getting hit. After we were on the train tracks for a while like 5 girls in bikinis emerged walking toward us.

I DID have 2 very important dreams recently though:

The first one was Derrida as a rapist. He was an extremely horrifying rapist and he would rape women to get book deals from this really, really scary publicist lady who told him it was the only way.

The second one was unspeakably horrifying and it involved my old house and the bathroom inside of it. I've had many dreams of this bathroom being overflowing with the most disgusting shit when I had to use it, when guests would be downstairs or robbers were invading the yard outside. Every time I dream of my old house where my mom and dad still live, there is this grey, dim lighting feeling. It's a very deep, dangerous part of my unconscious mind I think. Because I have seen this toilet bathroom dream many times. THIS time... in the dream the bathroom was TERRIFYINGLY CLEAN. Like, sparkling, sterile, white clean. There was a sheen to it that was disturbing

For the next 2 days I was really depressed and every time I went near my bed I was reminded of the feelings I had in the dream, some kind of nostalgia for childhood from the deep recesses of my mind. I really am troubled by this part of myself and feel like it must be a universal experience.

Coincidentally, last night i actually had a dream about happycase. He was running on some traintracks and I didn't want to go with because it was dangerous. But i followed anyway and trains were coming here and there. I dodged into the bushes to avoid getting hit. After we were on the train tracks for a while like 5 girls in bikinis emerged walking toward us.

I DID have 2 very important dreams recently though:

The first one was Derrida as a rapist. He was an extremely horrifying rapist and he would rape women to get book deals from this really, really scary publicist lady who told him it was the only way.

The second one was unspeakably horrifying and it involved my old house and the bathroom inside of it. I've had many dreams of this bathroom being overflowing with the most disgusting shit when I had to use it, when guests would be downstairs or robbers were invading the yard outside. Every time I dream of my old house where my mom and dad still live, there is this grey, dim lighting feeling. It's a very deep, dangerous part of my unconscious mind I think. Because I have seen this toilet bathroom dream many times. THIS time... in the dream the bathroom was TERRIFYINGLY CLEAN. Like, sparkling, sterile, white clean. There was a sheen to it that was disturbing

For the next 2 days I was really depressed and every time I went near my bed I was reminded of the feelings I had in the dream, some kind of nostalgia for childhood from the deep recesses of my mind. I really am troubled by this part of myself and feel like it must be a universal experience.

Did someone crap all over the walls in there or what man?

Edited by ZiggomaticV17