IGNORED

Not for Three's

Guest sirch

listening to Not for Three's last night and this morning.

if Plaid never did anything else, we still have NF3's.

it's a bloody masterpiece!! so ahead of its time. so accomplished.

absolute beauty, aswell as brains.

imo this album is better than anything Aphex Twin or Autechre has ever done.

listen to it loud!

Plaid are the King's of IDM Techno. and everyone knows it. :D

'cept me

it's looking that way mate :)

u still want that black dog vinyl? coz seriously, i could do with the money for some pasta sauce. and you can get a big jar for 85p in Tesco's.

so how's about we make a deal at £5.85? (that's £5 petrol fare and 85p for the sauce)

sound?

lol

• 2 weeks later...

i bought not for 3s and rest proof clockwork like about a month from eachother. i immediately got into nf3 and listened to it none stop. i remember headspin being my favorite track at the time. then i bought rpc and it took me a while to digest. but about a year past and rpc became the favorite. it still is with nf3 right behind it.

Guest Billov

threes

I prefer rest proof clockwork but agree that plaid are criminally underrated. But hey whatevs, it's their loss, I love plaid.

*queues up dialp*

I think Black Dog are far worse when it comes to being underrated... at least Plaid have a lot of exposure from remixes and soundtracks... Black Dog are virtually unheard of by most people who are into aphex/boc/squarepush etc...

Not For Threes is fighting its way to being my favourite Plaid album... Headspin, Myopia, Ladyburst.. sexy soulful stuff

'cept me

and me

you's two's opinions really don't count though. lol

oscillik hasn't even heard half of what Plaid have done and released, and only got into new-lineup Black Dog after buying the 'We are Sheffield' EP for the Autechre remix on there... (fucking) lol :P

and as yooou said that all Plaid stuff is overall too bouncey and happy for you, or sumthin like that, then i assume you've only heard half of it aswell.

so, please come back when you've listened to all the tunes. ;)

I like it in a different way.

yeah, "better" was the wrong (drunken) word.

it's very very very very good in quite different ways to Autechre and Aphex Twin, that i much prefer here myself.

cool beats, basslines, and melody, is my thang.

• 5 weeks later...

I like it in a different way.

yeah, "better" was the wrong (drunken) word.

it's very very very very good in quite different ways to Autechre and Aphex Twin, that i much prefer here myself.

cool beats, basslines, and melody, is my thang.

Drunken posting ftw.

Right now I'm definitely in Plaid mode, loving them more than anything else at the moment, especially the Not for Three's and Double Figure albums.

• 8 months later...

I just purchased this album in my local indie stores bargain section... never heard it before and so very glad that I finally managed to pick it up. Brilliant! It is rather sexy and intelligent and playful.

I just purchased this album in my local indie stores bargain section... never heard it before and so very glad that I finally managed to pick it up. Brilliant! It is rather sexy and intelligent and playful.

Congrats, it's great, especially the Lilith with Björk. Top tunes for me are Headspin, Extork, Prague Radio, Fer, and the 2 micro tracks Seph and Lat. For me, the album ranks on plaids top level, together with TBD Spanners and Heavens Door.

Guest sirch

'tis my favourite Plaid album. i think it's actually better than Spanners, in a lot of ways. - 3 is defintely a crowd. ;)

Ahhhh, hearing Not for Three's for the first time makes quite envious of you. You're right about the playfulness, that's one of the things i like so much about the album.. tizz full of surprises!

Dunno about it being better than Spanners tho mate.. although Spanners is my joint all time favourite album along with Bytes :)

Archived