IGNORED

Into the blue + on Soundcloud

Guest the_tourist

I think I'm starting to like this song

It sounds to my ears like he captured the essence of everything that has that shit autotune + distorted guitars + clinical production, and magically turned it onto itself into something good.

Somebody (kramer?) linked me to it on the one time I went into the watmm chatroom. (the night that rephresh was on)/ and I thought it was very weak (through laptop speakers_)/./ since then I listened again on headphones and ii quite liked it. i very much enjoyed it at the point where retape smiles (in the soundcloud comments :) and the chords change for the better.

what was the track that was on the squarepusher site originally.. the one that wasn't megazine... that one (along with cryptic motion) got me well excited about this release. (i thought just a souvenir was incredible)

:squarepusher_logo::emotawesomepm9:2dgt1tk.jpg:excl:

Guest Dirty Protest

Ive was just listening to it on headphones thinking the same thing.

Squarepusher 'fans' make me want to punch them in the face and set fire to my copy of Go Plastic everytime they whinge on about it.

I don't quite get Just a Souvenir, like a couple of songs on there though. Would love to like it some day.

The tracks from that soundcloud set are pretty fresh really, a healthy new perspective on music. He uses the 909 loads by the way, has he ever used the 808, does anyone know? :squarepusher:

yeah agree the chords over there are nice LUDD

Saw him do Just a souvenier when it came out.

I was pretty impressed with the album up to that point and seeing it live just made me love it even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2dwQtStiKY

The only thing was that when he started, the screens were blasting off sharp bright colours which literally made my eyes water after sitting in darkness watching LFO for the previous hour.

Wicked night though.

Guest Dirty Protest

Im looking forward to another live set, I was getting a bit bored of the last one. I lost count how many counties and countries i seen him in the last few years.

When I saw him at the Astoria as part of the JAS tour he did a really sick live version of Welcome to Europe. I'm not sure how I'd feel about watching him with a full live band though. I wasn't mad on him doing versions of his tracks with that drummer. However, that was him playing tracks with a drummer which he'd originally written, performed and produced himself, whereas this new stuff was supposedly performed with a full band as part of the process so I might be more into it.

Archived