IGNORED

Some thoughts about Ae's back catalogue

Dragon

Ae thought of the day:

Every Autechre release has a longest track, and out of all of them, d-sho-qub is the shortest at 6:26. This makes Oversteps the Autechre release with the smallest range in track lengths. Conversely, at 7:37, PIOBmx19 is the longest Ae track to be shortest on the release it appears on.

I prefered your first thoughts.

Every Autechre release has a longest track

No shit!!! REALLY!?

Right, OK. I challenge you to rewrite my post so that it does not contain that line. You must do it WITHOUT making the post sound like shit.

Out of all the longest tracks on an Autechre release, d-sho-qub is the shortest at 6:26.

• 3 months later...

I've been thinking lately about how Autechre have progressed over their ten-album history. Now, this isn't so much a theory as it is an alternative way of looking at their discography. The way I see it, Ae have gone through three different phases over the years, each lasting approximately four albums.

Their first phase started with Incunabula, which introduced Ae's style to a mainstream audience. Their second album, Amber, refined this style, before Tri Repetae gave it a technical step forward. The style culminated with Chiastic Slide, and at this point, it had reached its climax.

Their fifth album, LP5, changed this style completely. This was the beginning of their second phase. It almost seemed like Ae had found a new voice, and LP5 was what a normal album would sound like in that voice. Their sixth album, Confield, took this voice and made something truly unique. Autechre now had complete control over this sound, and Draft 7.30 refined this sound even further. By 2005, they had reached their second climax. Untilted was the pinnacle they had been building up to over their second phase.

Which brings us to Quaristice. This was a controversial album for many Ae fans, with the change in sound being stark, even more so than last time. Ae had discovered a totally new sound, and just last year, they continued their third phase with Oversteps. It's hard to say how and if it continues the style put forth with Quaristice. The pattern only becomes clear when looked at in retrospective, and Ae's third phase hasn't ended yet.

This is why I am excited to hear what lies ahead. How will their sound progress? What does the pinnacle of the Quaristice/Oversteps style sound like? Only time will tell.

Just to be clear, I wrote that because I've been trying to sleep for hours and I've had a whole mash of thought driving my head.

Hey guys someone's not making any worthwile conversation about Autechre on a forum for Autechre. What a fucking retard.

I like how you can't even come up with any decent insults anymore. Whatever happened to the Dr. Clitterhaus days? You used to have real inspiration back then, where did it go? Did your uncle die and stop abusing you?

I just noticed something. You linked to a quote in a thread about warn level from when I didn't have a warn level, in this thread where I earned my first warn level! Amazing. It's the attention to little details that I so love about your condition.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

I've been thinking lately about how Autechre have progressed over their ten-album history. Now, this isn't so much a theory as it is an alternative way of looking at their discography. The way I see it, Ae have gone through three different phases over the years, each lasting approximately four albums.

Their first phase started with Incunabula, which introduced Ae's style to a mainstream audience. Their second album, Amber, refined this style, before Tri Repetae gave it a technical step forward. The style culminated with Chiastic Slide, and at this point, it had reached its climax.

Their fifth album, LP5, changed this style completely. This was the beginning of their second phase. It almost seemed like Ae had found a new voice, and LP5 was what a normal album would sound like in that voice. Their sixth album, Confield, took this voice and made something truly unique. Autechre now had complete control over this sound, and Draft 7.30 refined this sound even further. By 2005, they had reached their second climax. Untilted was the pinnacle they had been building up to over their second phase.

Which brings us to Quaristice. This was a controversial album for many Ae fans, with the change in sound being stark, even more so than last time. Ae had discovered a totally new sound, and just last year, they continued their third phase with Oversteps. It's hard to say how and if it continues the style put forth with Quaristice. The pattern only becomes clear when looked at in retrospective, and Ae's third phase hasn't ended yet.

This is why I am excited to hear what lies ahead. How will their sound progress? What does the pinnacle of the Quaristice/Oversteps style sound like? Only time will tell.

Just to be clear, I wrote that because I've been trying to sleep for hours and I've had a whole mash of thought driving my head.

Quaristice seemed so obvious from Con-Unt I don't understand the difference. Oversteps is hardly an Quaristice either. Both recent Os seemed like a big douche.

edt nothing is as exciting as their live bootles

Archived