IGNORED

What albums do you

Capsaicin

I often buy vinyl for CDs I already own, as a kind-of upgrade. Sometimes if I see a CD for really cheap I'll pick it up despite already owning a copy.

My collection of duplicates include:

Meat Beat Manifesto - Subliminal Sandwich, Actual Sounds + Voices, RUOK, Storm the Studio (CD/Vinyl for each)

The Orb - Adventures Into the Ultraworld (Vinyl/CD), UFOrb (two CDs)

Coil - The Snow (two identical CDs)

The National - Boxer (CD/LP)

Animals on Wheels - Nuvol i Cadira (two CDs (not sure why I picked the duplicate up on this one))

Autechre - Chiastic Slide, Cichlisuite, Envane (vinyl/CD), Draft 7.30 (two vinyl copies, one is sealed)

and I'm sure I'm forgetting some here

Guest dilbthelame

Pixies, Come on Pilgrim

Kate Bush, The Kick Inside

also i've bought Siamese dream (smashing pumpkins) and SAWII about 3 times each, but only cuz people keep nicking my cds

I think the only album I own multiple copies of is White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000 since I bought it on tape, originally. If I lose a CD that I've bought before, I just download it since I've already paid for it.

Meat Beat Manifesto - Storm the Studio (vinyl + CD)

Meat Beat Manifesto - Armed Audio Warfare (vinyl + CD)

Skinny Puppy - Vivisect VI (vinyl + CD)

Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park (cassette + CD)

Megadeth - Rust In Peace (cassette + CD)

Marilyn Manson - Portrait of An American Family (cassette + CD)

There are probably a few more, likely cassettes. Can't be sure without looking.

The Isness. UK (Amorphous Androgynous): CD, 2xCD with "Otherness" bonus disc, 2xLP, promo CD, promo CD 'sampler'. US (FSOL): CD, mispress 'Abbey Road mix' CD, Russian Pirate CD. If I had the money I'd probably have bought the US Otherness disc on its own, and the jewel case version of the two UK CDs. I have Alice In Ultraland on CD and LP, but the LP was a gift from the band (because I'm that cool).

Phaedra by Tangerine Dream on LP and CD. Please by Pet Shop Boys on LP and CD. That's about it, I think.

Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad

Yello - You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess

(I already had the cd versions from way back, and happened to see vinyls dirt cheap in my local music store one day. Probably if I went there more I'd have more vinyl versions of things)

Guest ansgaria

Still Light - Lything (CDr, actually limited to 50 copies, it might be something worth for the fans)

Bass Communion - Molotov and Haze (CD, only the sleeve, since the first copy I ordered came empty)

Steven Wilson - Cover Version VI+box (CD, accidentally ordered it twice)

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (Vinyl, one American and one German pressing)

Guest beatfanatic

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

2 cds and 1 deluxe version, I also own the deluxe version on vinyl and the 33 1/3 Endtroducing book.

Only Aphex actually:

Drukqs - Normal LP box version, 2CD, 5 track promo CD (UK), 5 track promo CD (US), 2 track promo CD

Classics - 2 times on cassette (because they were only 2 euros each), on vinyl and on CD (not the remaster, don't want that)

ICBYD - vinyl, CD and cassette

RDJ album - vinyl and cd

SAW II - 2CD and double cassette

did have some other doubles, but managed to trade them with friends.

Guest thepilot

I can remember first getting into Autechre around the LP5 and EP7 era. A local record store where I lived at the time (northeastern Pennsylvania) carried a surprising amount of my favorite types of music. I was rather young so I had no knowledge whatsoever of the superior uk editions of both of those records. So upon shedding my ignorance, I sought out those glorious frosted jewel cases. Both the Nothing/Warp and the actual Warp copies of those two are on my shelf, although my US copy of lp5 5 was scratched from being in the car so long.

I'm on the borderline of obsessive about my collecting of certain artist's work and those goddamned Beat Records Jap editions which carry bonus tracks haunt my dreams. I still haven't convinced myself that I should spend forty or more dollars on a record I already own for one or two more songs, you know with the advent of p2p and all. I have the regular and limited editions of Hello Everything, but I really like Hanningfield Window and Exciton. To have those on legitimate CD format is so enticing that it goes without saying that I'll have at least one more of those records on the shelf...

I have borderline OCD completist tendencies. In one sense I really enjoy that part of my life: collecting limited editions and import releases. But the reverse of that is it sometimes consumes me to the point of limiting my exposure to newer artists and work because I become SO obsessed with having a complete collection that I've got little money left to drop on new and interesting work. This brings me to my last point. When ae released the special ed. of quaristice, I was in no financial position to acquire it. I should mention that alternate packaging is a minor draw, but the Versions disc causes me anxiety; as would any amount of exclusive musical content. I literally go to discogs every day and make sure at least SOMEONE is still selling their copy. I realize this is odd behavior, but I'm being honest. ANyway thanks for reading. Sorry so lengthy but this happens with the first post of the morning and coffee. :rolleyes: love ya.

Metallica - Master of Puppets (CD/Tape/2 US LP/Japanese LP)

Metallica - Kill em All (Tape/LP)

Metallica - Ride The Lightning (Tape/CD/LP)

Metallica - And Justic For All(CD/LP)

Faith No More - Introduce Yourself (Tape/CD/LP)

Faith No More - We Care A Lot (Tape/LP)

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Tape/CD/LP/Yugoslav LP w/ original cover)

Guns N Roses - Lies (Tape/LP)

Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth (2 LP copies)

High on Fire - Surrounded By Thieves (CD/LP)

High on Fire - Art of Self Defense (CD/LP)

of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies: A Variety of Whimsical Verse (CD/Japanese CD/LP)

fuck I just realized I'll be here all day if I continue with this. It's not worth it.

All of my favorite records I have on at least 2 formats.

There.

Archived