IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Guest Mirezzi

That's a bit of a spoiler.

All you bookreading fuckers need your own goddamn thread. Seriously.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first part was not a spoiler, the second part was already spoiled like two pages ago (i dont think they'll show it on the show anyways)

My point that this is fiction and the author created a brutal world full of disturbed people, unfortunately in this world killing babies is acceptable behavior by some (specially by psychopaths like Jeofrey). At the end of the day you chose to watch the show, if you are offended by it you could watch something else less disturbing. I understand people react differently but everyone who was offended by Talisa's stabbing should have known better, if you made it this far what did you expect?

i dunno why people are so up in arms about this.

If it's at all rooted in medievial history (which it obviously is), the reality was in many cases far, far worse than what's being displayed on tv.

I think I agree somewhat with Mirezzi on the Jungian part of it all....we desperately need to deconstruct the gentle tra-la-la feel of the LOTR franchise and show how brutal, dangerous, and sordid feudal existence was for all involved.

Guest Mirezzi

Spoilers need to be behind fucking SPOILER tags, that's my only point. Jesus, it's not hard...

Anyway, yeah, I said the same thing about, "What did people expect?" a few pages ago.

Also, I think it's really odd how quickly people forgot the completely dick move of Robb beheading the old guy recently. He did it because he's actually supposed to be a 16 year-old arrogant know-it-all little prick, not some benevolent lovable hero.

I know why they didn't cast a 16 year-old, but they certainly could have cast an older actor who looked 16.

Yeah i love that podcast, its amazing how brutal we were, wosh!.

----

Although what he did was horrible i kind of admire Tywin for what did here, he went right to the top and killed the king, he pretty much ended the war against the north without a massiva battle/loss of life, i know he had selfish reasons but he saved a lot of lives by ending the war. Denerys would do something like this, instead of killing everybody is a massiva battle she would go to the top and kill whoever is in charged or find other ways of winning battles without massive loss of live (like they did in the last episode)

Guest Mirezzi

The AV Club kills it:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/why-game-of-thrones-red-wedding-packs-such-an-emot,98566

"I’ve said this over and over when writing about Martin’s work. What he does better than any author I’ve ever encountered—what defines his writing for me—is his masterful skill at exploiting the tension between the desire for justice and the availability of that justice. But that doesn’t mean there is nojustice, just that it’s always hard-won and thoroughly earned. Robb and Catelyn’s grotesque ends complicate the search for justice considerably, and move it far into the future. But it doesn’t make the quest impossible. It just means it’ll be that much sweeter and that much more satisfying when it finally arrives."

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I can't remember clearly but I thought the fate of Robb's unborn heir was not sealed in the books? If so, the stabbing is a spoiler for the series as a whole as I'm pretty sure i was left wondering if his kid may have some part to play in the final books.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

you should spoiler stuff from the books man

Eh? Having watched the last TV episode it's pretty conclusive now for everyone. Since Martin has discussed the ending of the saga with the show's writers (other than the obvious collaborative reasons, in case he dies before he finishes it), it leaves no doubt that Robb's kid does not have any part to play. It's the books that have been spoiled in this case.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Yeah, I thought so. Thanks so much for your comment. It was worth it.

(It's not so much the information, more that the source rarely - if ever - gets spoiled by the adaptation).

so ehr is theon greyjoy being tortured by someone from house bolton too? cause it is still not said where he is, right? their sigil kind of makes me think this lol.

so ehr is theon greyjoy being tortured by someone from house bolton too? cause it is still not said where he is, right? their sigil kind of makes me think this lol.

i don't get theon's whole story at this point, seems unnecessary? or does he have some sort of major comeback later? Im not disturbed by the torture scenes necessarily, it just seems tedious and boring.

It's not so obvious who he is for TV-only. I have no idea at this point. What really threw me off was when he dismissed that whole theory Theon came up with, because it sounds like a far stretch that he's really just some crazy fucker.

The problem with him being from the house of Bolton is that Roose Bolton

is in league with the Lannisters and kills Robb Stark

So what does he have to say about smiley dude doing that to Theon? Or is Theon enough of a nobody that it won't matter?

It's not so obvious who he is for TV-only. I have no idea at this point. What really threw me off was when he dismissed that whole theory Theon came up with, because it sounds like a far stretch that he's really just some crazy fucker.

The problem with him being from the house of Bolton is that Roose Bolton

is in league with the Lannisters and kills Robb Stark

So what does he have to say about smiley dude doing that to Theon? Or is Theon enough of a nobody that it won't matter?

It makes sense if you know the history of House Bolton, one of the advantages of being a book reader is that you know backstories that don't make it to the show.

I agree that for Tv viewers it doesn't make lot of sense but Theon's capturer made it clear that at first he was tortured for information now he is just doing it for the lols.

i don't get theon's whole story at this point, seems unnecessary? or does he have some sort of major comeback later? Im not disturbed by the torture scenes necessarily, it just seems tedious and boring.

I wouldn't go fishing for more info on it, just wait it out. Someone is bound to drop a spoiler from the books in response to this if you keep inquiring. I was very tempted to do this, as I have a soft spot for certain story archs from the book.

Archived