IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Guest Pennywise

The last 20 minutes was all made to make you hate him to the limit so his death would be more satisfying. I seriously love this show

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't think they would have the balls to carry through, honestly. very pleased they did.

Why didn't you think they would carry through? They got rid of Ned and Robb, so why not Joffrey.

So to the non-book readers, who you reckon is behind the poisoning?

the close-up of lady olenna looking mischievous right before joff bites the dust gave it away.

She also pockets a jewel from Sansa's necklace that she got from the jester last episode.

Queen Margaery touched the goblet last, so I am definitely thinking it is the Tyrell family's first strike at taking King's Landing away from the Lannisters.

Guest Gary C

But the jester guy was dragging Sansa away before Joffrey was totally fucked, so did he know?

And the Spaniards. They're in town to fuck up Lannisters.

I suspect that more than just the new in-laws (Margaery etc...), it might have been a plot between lots of different factions. And, for the purpose of drama, the only apparent innocent, Tyrion, will be the one punished for it.

Series 1 was all about back-stabbing plots and whispering and double-triple-crossing, and that element has kind of lessened through the events of Series 2 and 3.

But it seems that, actually, King's Landing is still a disgustingly political place and that those elements have always been happening. It's just that as an audience we've been shown all the Stark doings and not had an eye in the plots of all these new guys in King's Landing.

I presume that Baelish is about to be reintroduced. He's been the audiences guide into all these plots in the past.

Guest Gary C

Anyone else crack up over Sigur Ros getting abused by Joffrey?

I did laugh. And I recognised that guy. Was he actually one of Sigur Ros?

Anyone else crack up over Sigur Ros getting abused by Joffrey?

I did laugh. And I recognised that guy. Was he actually one of Sigur Ros?

The band playing the band was the band.

Guest Gary C

Hm, at least they degraded them. I guess it keeps fans and non-fans amused in a small way.

Is this the first cameo in Game of Thrones? I think that more cameos in the future could be very detrimental. Fantasies have to tread a very fine-line when breaking the fourth-wall. Are there bigger roles still to come? I'm wondering whether there's plans for another established Hollywood actor to have a role for a few episodes.

Hm, at least they degraded them. I guess it keeps fans and non-fans amused in a small way.

Is this the first cameo in Game of Thrones? I think that more cameos in the future could be very detrimental. Fantasies have to tread a very fine-line when breaking the fourth-wall. Are there bigger roles still to come? I'm wondering whether there's plans for another established Hollywood actor to have a role for a few episodes.

Wilko Johnson was a bit of a cameo really. NOT SURE IT'S A SPOILER BUT JUST IN CASE...

Shame that he's been written out of it really due to his terminal cancer (apparently in the book it's him, not Bronn, who trains Jaime in secret).

I did not read the books. In a perfect world I would hope that Sansa stark poisoned him. She did pick up the glass when Geoffrey kicked it under the table. And the possible planning with the fool. Still, it was a great surprise, and allthough very disturbing to watch, I felt he needed more suffering.

If you notice, Margeary served pie to Joffrey before the pie was cut. The poison was in that piece of pie and not the wine.

Anyway I fuckin loved Joffrey's face when He died, it was hilarious.

If you notice, Margeary served pie to Joffrey before the pie was cut. The poison was in that piece of pie and not the wine.

This. It wasn't the wine, but the pie.

Sansa grabbing the cup was completely unplanned. It was an accident, so she wasn't in on it. Although the motive would be obvious. But Marge. Now that she was married, she would have done everything to make sure she wouldn't have to spend the first night with Jeff. The moment was perfect. After the marriage, but before the first night. And who would think the bride would poison her new husband on the day of their marriage?

(Didnt read the books)

This. It wasn't the wine, but the pie.

Sansa grabbing the cup was completely unplanned. It was an accident, so she wasn't in on it. Although the motive would be obvious. But Marge. Now that she was married, she would have done everything to make sure she wouldn't have to spend the first night with Jeff. The moment was perfect. After the marriage, but before the first night. And who would think the bride would poison her new husband on the day of their marriage?

(Didnt read the books)

no, you'll find out later

If you are worried about spoilers, especially in regards to GoT, then the wisest would be to stay away from the internet. However I must say in this thread malicious spoiling has been strangely absent, when it's clear there are some book readers here. I've spoiled myself on a few things, but then again I don't really get bothered about spoilers.

i thought up a great frape the other day, to bullet point every major plot point from here to the end of book 5 on someones facebook then run off giggling like an evil maniac.

Archived