IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems several politicians, including Obama, Julia Gillard, etc., are big fans of Game of Thrones... What kind of people run the countries? :facepalm:

Somebody please explain to me what the appeal of this show is.

I hate to be a dick, but I just don't get it. What I've seen of it has been awful.

Admittedly, it's pretty silly.

But I think what's most impressive is the sheer breadth of characters and locations, how all the plotlines interact and how the producers manage to produce definite themes from such vast content.

Also, the dwarf is a great character. The boy-king is one of the most despicable villains I've ever seen. Uh, good characters die a lot. There's a few underdogs to cheer for. And yeah, tits and dragons. Tits. Dragons.

Although from what I've heard all the actresses are getting precious now and are cutting back on the tit scenes. Which is totally fair enough. So I guess they're replacing the tits with more hot-dragon-action.

It was rather boring. I usually don't like TV shows because they are suuuuuuuuuuuper slow. They extend the scenes just to fill in the time. I watched 3 seasons and I can say all of that can be fit into a 8 hour movie, basically you can cut it by 1/3.

Regarding the show, there isn't that much dragon scene, not even battle scenes. It's just Renaissance Faire people running around with and without clothes, talking to each other most of the time. Not even that much CGI, but when there is, they look really good. Good sets and shooting locations.

oh yeah, definitely some abundance of softcore beatoff materials, but the actual coitus isn't long enough. You'll have to watch the beatoff material scene compilation instead.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pennywise

Tits, badass characters. Actually to be honest it really is the characters that make the show. The walking dead characters do nothing for me the can all die for all i care. With Game of Thrones, I want Aria to get revenge, I fucking hate Geoffry, it was sad when Rob died. I actually care about it (Tv show level of care).

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Yay we're back!

Pretty good opener. I liked the original Dario(?) actor, the new one has a pretty vague face.

arya's revenge was great

I tried rewatching season 3 over the weekend but it was kind of a slog, because the rob stark plotline is slow and pointless AND the theon stuff is pointless too. worst season for rewatchability?

they recast the mountain too? can anyone even remember what he looked like apart from "big"?

Pretty good opener. I liked the original Dario(?) actor, the new one has a pretty vague face.

Flol, so that's who the nondescript person with the flowers was supposed to be? I didn't understand where Fabio had gone off to.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

wow I thought he'd be around annoying everyone for ages. now its a murder mysery! get Poirot. call miss Marple.

Archived