IGNORED

modern vinyls pressed with cd masters

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

i am bloody outraged. i suppose im not completely surprised, they always somehow find a new low. i just found out about this

word on the streets, is that many modern vinyls are pressed using the cd masters! the digital master! now im not a vinyl expert, but im pretty sure albums are supposed to be specially mastered to be pressed on vinyl. so using a master from a cd, is kind of like, wtf dude...not cool

vinyl freaks: please dont come in here and spout off your elite knowledge of vinyl records for 17 paragraphs. simply express your outrage

this is bullshit right here

im writing a fucking letter or something

Fuck off adolf, this is all your fault.

I tried to stop them, but they turned it around, used me to gain their holocaust immunity and antisemitic explanation to destroy the opposition.

You all just know the history of propaganda, that they were and still are feeding you, not the real one...

Guest hahathhat

Proof/examples? First I've heard, not that I look out for it or anything. Wouldn't surprise me tho.

what's that avatar you got there??

this is a pressing issue

ba dum tsh :sorcerer:

:facepalm:

Music is recorded digitally these days.

Good point as it was DATs back in the day and I don't reckon a lot of smaller artists have an all singing 96khz set up plus I don't think there's much point in direct mastering from something like Fruityloops, as a CD should do the job for commercial dubpap however if one is recording analogue synths on analogue tape then...

If it's electronic music, then it was probably recorded electronically, meaning there's no goddamn difference.

oops

Sorry, *digitally.

Music is recorded digitally these days.

Good point as it was DATs back in the day

i'm no hardcore audiophile, but i though the D in Dat stood for "Digital"

Someone explain to me how this is possibly bad since I guess I'm retarded.

Vinyl needs to be mastered with the RIAA EQ Curve taken into account. CDs aren't mastered this way, because there is no physical playback need that requires it. if a record is mastered with the CD masters, then it's going to sound REALLY shitty on playback

Vinyl needs to be mastered with the RIAA EQ Curve taken into account. CDs aren't mastered this way, because there is no physical playback need that requires it. if a record is mastered with the CD masters, then it's going to sound REALLY shitty on playback

thank you - this was helpful.

That's the job of the engineer at the mastering plant. When you mix something down to CD, you could probably take that mix and then send it to the record plant with no tweaking at all. The ME at the plant will apply the RIAA curve (thank goodness for standardization though) before he cuts the master.

Archived