IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

one of the most fruitful nwobhm reunions of late is deffo the that by mighty SATAN (yup)! on "life sentence" and "atom by atom" the band sounds fresher than ever, a little miracle really.

regardless, to these ears THIS is still their highpoint:

most tracks to be later featured on the debut but with a much nicer (because rawer) sound. also ian swift's voice, later serving the delightfully demented AVENGER:

I find the offshoot/USBM stuff more interesting/diverse than the first-wave Norwegian stuff.

also digging Dragged Into Sunlight. I listen to metal and non-IDM electronic music more than anything lately.

i agree. i'm down with the early stuff but BM has gotten better over time imo.

Dragged Into Sunlight are dope too. fuckin love their album artwork (think i've already said this but nvm).

Edited by QQQ

I don't give a fuck though, there are so many insular/puritanical BM wankers out there that I'd gladly state loud and clear that, yes, I find the offshoot/USBM stuff more interesting/diverse than the first-wave Norwegian stuff.

sure why not, i think you mean second wave, tho. ;)

in that case maybe there are people on here who could dig this:

relatively new project featuring our drumming person. quite US inspired (weakling and whatnot)...

personally i'm feeling somewhat ambivalent about current trends in black metal (not coming from a self-proclaimed "trve"-guy, tis been a while i turned 16 now...), alot of the stuff feels rather toothless (eg. wittr (just zzz), deafheaven (extended 2nd rate 90s-screamo riffs with blast beats, ew)) while coming off as too try-hard "deep" and artsy with all that ritualistic and "philosophic" mumbo jumbo.

on the other hand i'm a rabid fan of "hipster"-favourites krallice and i was thrilled hearing 2 new tracks in this live recording:

if they go on like that they'll need music stands on stage soon... o_O

(leviathan is pretty great, too!)

vocals are amazing on this album. sounds like they recorded them through a telephone headset covered with a sock half way across the room. brutal.

they're kinda like the explosions in the sky of black metal

:catsuicide: oh man :catghost:

edit: that lord mantis joint is good though

Edited by doublename

links

out of those only yellow eyes really fit into what i was referring to... they're ok-ish (early-) krallice worship, tho, didn't really check out last album yet.

flol @ "botanist" (the name)... reminds me of:

534889_300.jpg

shit on wittr, now i'm coming for yo head, boy.

do your worst! ;D ... i mean they're not annoyingly-terrible-bad or anything just so very lukewarm... sorry :I

here, have some hopefully conciliatory gay-ass purple copycat musics:

(featuring gers later known as the fifth wheel of maiden)

<3

________

ok now apparently for whatever reason this album hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet (at least according to text search):

this is THE bathory record to me. the word "epic" was invented to one day describe it. i remember like yesterday listening to shores in flames (dat fuckin solo!!!) and valhalla for the first time: feelings of manliness awoke deep within me i didn't even know i was capable of! gallons of blood were cried, pissed and sweat that day. fuck! it also features the most adorable kind of singing to me: completely brutish and off-key sometimes but shitloads of fervour to make more than up for it! 11/10.

Edited by jaderpansen

they're kinda like the explosions in the sky of black metal

:catsuicide: oh man :catghost:

edit: that lord mantis joint is good though

yeah, I don't agree either. I like WITTR a lot.

new album on Relapse. 70+ minutes of crushing doom. love the vocals.

Gave this album a listen this morning, awesome stuff indeed.

^^^ far from the best track on the album but the other tracks on YouTube are 240p ew. highly recommended. totally crushing.

Edited by QQQ

both their LPs are excellent. the second one has a little bit more oomph production-wise and just slays in terms of impact, but the first one is no slouch either. their music sits at this crossroads of several styles that I absolutely love, it really nails :cisfor: a sound that I'm fully, fully into. only drawback is that their albums are really easy to rinse to death, cos the songs are so short and the albums are extremely replayable.

i heard this yesterday on a local radio show (yes, there is a FM radio station that actually plays black metal for an hour and a half on Tuesday afternoons in Austin, TX)

I sat agape listening to it, just fucking amazing. This is the kind of "post black metal" sound I gush over

loving that oranssi pazuzu album someone posted a while back. good fresh take on post-metal ideas!

yeah they are top notch, a friend of mine introduced me to them

Edited by joshuatx

lol at the post metal term but fuck yeah that orange panuzi album is awesome!

i'v been playing this album by ildjarn: strenght and anger alot, can't seem to stay away from it

i'm probably retarded but this shit is post black metal like hellfuck

it's actually a very pleasant to listen to on medium volume, high volume is when you'r realy drunks and anger

2 hours of wet psychedelic nightmares fueled with hatred, filth and 420 blaze sickness, love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLxbaAO2gnw