IGNORED

new years eve 99/00

MildewOnRice

not worth going out here. every asshole and lunatic comes out tonight and you can't move in pubs.

i'm happy here getting slowly drunkered and playing minecraft and belittling people on facebook.

back in 99/2000 I can recall nearly completing the first Sonic game that came out on Dreamcast with a buddy... we played until about 3am, forgot about new years itself, and realized the world had not ended. So we shot some fireworks from Missouri. One went straight for my temple and nearly killed me. Good times.

oh... i remember besides being depressed. I went to a small new years get together with some people I didn't know. They ended up being my closest friends to this day.

I was hanging out with a friend. I don't remember that much from it. I think we played some games.

I do remember that it was the loudest and meanest firework I had ever witnessed.

EDIT: For some weird reasons I remember what my computer specs were...

Pentium II - 266 Mhz, 176 mb ram (odd number, I know but I had some extra ram installed), 4 gb hdd, Voodoo Banshee 16 mb ram, Sound Blaster Live, 2.1 Creative Speakers... Oh yeah...

I think it was my first NYE in NYC.

I must have hung out at someone's apartment or something.

I've been in NYC 11 years and never had a realistic urge to hang out in Times Square. Fuck all that mess.

it could have been a specific house party at friends which happened to be one of the best parties i can count on one hand. if not that party i'm not quite sure...

I had the flu that New Years. I was puking all night with a high fever, delirious - the walls were screaming. I had a cold sweat and was on a futon covered in blankets. I was sure that I was dying.

That convinced me to get flu shots every year - haven't had the flu since.

I had my flight delayed by about 12 hours coming back from skiing with the family in Canada. Literally went straight to work in a restaurant (got paid shit loads) until 3am then went to a house party where I ended up taxi-ing people home until 7am. So aside from being knackered from the holiday, I was up for nearly 3 days and surviving on red bull. :facepalm:

I earned a shitload of money working from 1900-0100. It was an extra shift in case some 2000 bug hit one of our customer's systems. Nothing happened. Then I went to a party.

i went over to my friend's house and we played rush 2 on his n64. I think we also watched the matrix on his brand new compaq presario desktop c00524236.jpg :sup:

i'm watching the matrix right now. 2011, yay

i was chilling on irc, in a trailer home on top of a mountain, deep in new england.

oh my god, that sounds so wonderful. did you have bookshelves? and was it dimly lit? Did the sun illuminate dust particles during midday, in which the humm of your computer's ventilation fans would contrast against the sound of wind outside? *jizz@owningComputersInThe90sInNewEngland**

was in london with my gf (still with her to this day), my brother, my father and his gf (not together anymore) and her 2 daughters. was mostly boring, i was trying to get drunk on cider. i was 19.

tried my hand at watercolour painting, was shit at it, cast a shadow over the whole decade really

heheheehehe this tickles me

Archived