IGNORED

Booth/Brown net worth

Overand

This is something I've always wondered about Autechre. On a strictly practical level, I've always wondered how well the boys do financially. They've been around for two decades and tour pretty consistently but their album sales have never been massive and they don't seem to end up licensing a ton of music for use in commercials and films the way RDJ does.

I'm sure they aren't hurting by any means but I do wonder how well off they are compared to other artists.

Thoughts?

Guest hahathhat

what i really want to know is:

1) how much does obel have in his bank account?

2) does he have a trust fund?

3) when his parents die(d), how much will/did he inherit?

what i really want to know is:

1) how much does obel have in his bank account?

2) does he have a trust fund?

3) when his parents die(d), how much will/did he inherit?

1) About £200

2) Nope

3) I'd also like to know this one!

this topic really makes you think. Like, what if Chris Clark were American and not English, would the lack of public health care mean he would have spent all his money on a new wheelchair instead of new gear? *ponders*

This is a really interesting topic for sure. We all know how the rockstars are rolling in cash, and we all know that lesser "IDM" or electronic artists either need to keep a day job or live with their parents, but what of an established experimental band like Ae making music that's on the edge?

don't understand how google searches correlate to sales?

especially with a niche like autechre.

you have to take into consideration the fact that autechre have a specific fanbase that will know where to go for the latest news. this fanbase, while being the most likely to make purchases of autechre's material, are also very unlikely to go searching google for news about them because let's face it - there's only a few places that you can glean any useful information without wanting to resort to bashing your own head in at the interviewer's/media outlet's stupidity

It was my understanding that their albums sold in the mid to hi 5 figures, and that they made five figures per gig. As far as licensing goes, the only time I've heard their music in an advert in the US was for some Adult Swim bumps. I'd say they do pretty well.

It was my understanding that their albums sold in the mid to hi 5 figures, and that they made five figures per gig. As far as licensing goes, the only time I've heard their music in an advert in the US was for some Adult Swim bumps. I'd say they do pretty well.

Reniform Puls was used for an LG phone advertisement over here in the UK a few years back. was definitely one of the biggest "wtf" moments of that time.

Reniform Puls was used for an LG phone advertisement over here in the UK a few years back. was definitely one of the biggest "wtf" moments of that time.

I heard the ad before I heard Reniform Puls and it really fit well I thought.

this topic really makes you think. Like, what if Chris Clark were American and not English, would the lack of public health care mean he would have spent all his money on a new wheelchair instead of new gear? *ponders*

irl lol

Guest Greg Reason

yeah sure but why does it get less?

Because Aphex hasn't released anything in years and the public are slowly forgetting about him.

When he does end up putting out whatever it is he issues next you can expect that graph to go back up again

well, they're always buying new gear... i think they might not be as rich as most people assume. remember most artists get the most dough buy playing live and well they play live but not as frequently as the rephlex guys. i remember reading that the velvet underground saw no money when they released vu and nico.

well, they're always buying new gear... i think they might not be as rich as most people assume. remember most artists get the most dough buy playing live and well they play live but not as frequently as the rephlex guys. i remember reading that the velvet underground saw no money when they released vu and nico.

yeah, i was gonna say that, that they probably spend the majority of their royalties on gear, both types ;) after food and drink and rent/bills, etc.

i don't think any of the 'main' Warp acts are particularly well off really. even Aphex. they make enough to live off and survive, but they're by no means "rich". - rich enough not to have to work a day job, though. but not like 'P Diddy' rich!

Archived