IGNORED

Booth/Brown net worth

Overand

their album sales have never been massive

do you have any figures ?

I don't have many figures for sales but whenever I read about one of their albums edging into the top 100 or 200 sales for the US or UK it's always quite low. According to Wikipedia Untilted entered into the UK sales ranks at #199.

It was my understanding that their albums sold in the mid to hi 5 figures, and that they made five figures per gig. As far as licensing goes, the only time I've heard their music in an advert in the US was for some Adult Swim bumps. I'd say they do pretty well.

they probably would've shifted around 50,000 units max. back in the day when units were shifting! but fuck knows how things go now with digi downlows.

they could be earning a lot more now than in the mid->late 90's. 'cos a lot of younger people buy single tracks on a whim for their ipods, and then later buy the album anyway.. and then the CD anyway... and then when the CD gets fucked cos someone treads on it and scuffs it across the floor when they're pissed, they'll buy it again.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

easily one of the weirdest threads on watmm right now

these subforums are chalk full of them (weird threads)

1 pound 43 pence

and they keep it all in aphex's bank for greater IDM security.

i reckon they made a fair whack back in the day (enough to buy your own house at least) and fetch in a comfy income on thier fanbase and gigs alone although the two year album pattern probably means they aren't millonaires by any stretch unlike a certain blagging ginger we all know who can command 25k for playing records for 120mins

As Cylob takes 400€ (lol, true) and Aphex 10-15k, must be somewhere arount 5-7k€.

Surely decreasing because of poor Traktor acts

Who the fuck is Cylob?

Guest cult fiction

well, they're always buying new gear... i think they might not be as rich as most people assume. remember most artists get the most dough buy playing live and well they play live but not as frequently as the rephlex guys. i remember reading that the velvet underground saw no money when they released vu and nico.

yeah, i was gonna say that, that they probably spend the majority of their royalties on gear, both types ;) after food and drink and rent/bills, etc.

i don't think any of the 'main' Warp acts are particularly well off really. even Aphex. they make enough to live off and survive, but they're by no means "rich". - rich enough not to have to work a day job, though. but not like 'P Diddy' rich!

RDJ either owns or has owned a tank, a submarine, and a bank.

well, they're always buying new gear... i think they might not be as rich as most people assume. remember most artists get the most dough buy playing live and well they play live but not as frequently as the rephlex guys. i remember reading that the velvet underground saw no money when they released vu and nico.

yeah, i was gonna say that, that they probably spend the majority of their royalties on gear, both types ;) after food and drink and rent/bills, etc.

i don't think any of the 'main' Warp acts are particularly well off really. even Aphex. they make enough to live off and survive, but they're by no means "rich". - rich enough not to have to work a day job, though. but not like 'P Diddy' rich!

how do you know they don't have day jobs?

well, if you didn't have to work one would you work one?

Autechre obviously don't have to work one i would say.

themselves, Plaid, Aphex, Vibert, Pusher.. (the big boys) etc. etc. all don't have/need to work one. i just know. :)

common sense + knowing some people + reading/listening to a lot of interviews with said artists over the last 15 years i suppose..

themselves, Plaid, Aphex, Vibert, Pusher.. (the big boys) etc. etc. all don't have/need to work one. i just know. :)

common sense + knowing some people + reading/listening to a lot of interviews with said artists over the last 15 years i suppose..

You "know some people" eh? I love when people on forums make these kinds of completely unsubstantiated claims. Also lots of shit has changed over the last 15 years, especially in the music "industry".

You "know some people" eh? I love when people on forums make these kinds of completely unsubstantiated claims. Also lots of shit has changed over the last 15 years, especially in the music "industry".

yup. and i don't have to substantiate anything to anybody. especially a complete stranger on a forum (no offence). :)

and yeah, sure has changed a lot. but the big boys are still doing alright, i'm fairly sure.

if i didn't have to work i still would though. i need the routine, as when i have too much time without obligations I lapse into indecision.

i like to think that if you go to the right Oxfam or British Heart Foundation shop you'd find Booth doing his bit for charity so he's got a clear head for making the beats in the evening...

yup. and i don't have to substantiate anything to anybody. especially a complete stranger on a forum (no offence). :)

and yeah, sure has changed a lot. but the big boys are still doing alright, i'm fairly sure.

None taken. I'm just saying it's banally easy to make claims about knowing people on a semi-anonymous internet forum without any proof.

Guest hahathhat

None taken. I'm just saying it's banally easy to make claims about knowing people on a semi-anonymous internet forum without any proof.

i invented pants. sean booth likes amphetamines. rob brown is stitching elbow patches onto his professor jacket

well, yeah... it is. i don't make shit up though... anywhere! even on semi-anonymous internet forums. i'm not below 10 years of age. that's the difference i suppose. not sure what else there is to say here! lol

doesn't really matter anyway.

if i didn't have to work i still would though. i need the routine, as when i have too much time without obligations I lapse into indecision.

i like to think that if you go to the right Oxfam or British Heart Foundation shop you'd find Booth doing his bit for charity so he's got a clear head for making the beats in the evening...

yeah that's true, a certain amount of routine and interaction with other humans is good for us all. otherwise people can get really lazy and complacent and removed from everything. but then some artists thrive on that sort of lifestyle. being removed from everything and everyone else and living in their own little bubble world...

Archived