I think a good concept for a feature length film would be a 90 minute trailer for something else.

It's already been done, Thor and Captain America!

zing!

but, seriously. the trailer looks fucking amazing. the whole 'teaser for the actual trailer' thing is entirely ludicrous; that being said, if any trailer i've seen deserved teasers of its own, this would be it. i am too excited.

trailer looks very James Cameron influenced, feels more like Aliens than any ridley scott production to me

edit: also it's never a good sign for a trailer to show so many over the top CGI money shots. I can't think of a single movie that has done this that wasn't disappointing to some degree.

Phantom Menace trailer anyone?........

say what you want about the Hobbit trailer but that's the way to do a teaser, leave most of the crazy over the top stuff for your imagination

Edited by Awepittance

I liked it in the trailer that it wanted to look realistic, despite the constant action and WOAH!-ness.

Also, the navigator thing from the original alien! I'm a teenager again, weeee!!

I am completely out of the loop in regards to this movie, last I heard it wasn't anything to do with aliens or something. Now it just looks a bit like a remake, this is confusing as hell.

Ridley Scott just like Herzog is trying to make the media think (like bad lieutenant) that this is a very fresh original movie not indebted to a previous work. I just think he needs to come clean and admit the xenomorphs are in this, haha because if they aren't i think with how alienish it looks people are going to be expecting at least a hint of them. To me the whole prequel trend makes it really difficult to make something truly good.

Edited by Awepittance

trailer looks very James Cameron influenced, feels more like Aliens than any ridley scott production to me

5th Element vs. Alien mashup, is what sums up the trailer for me.