These trailers seem to give away a lot of the plot and big set pieces, so I wonder if there might be something big that is not in these trailers that be a big twist.

So far I gather it's that they find these ancient starmaps. Go to the planet and activate some sort of lifeform that takes over the crew and plans to go to Earth and destroy it. The space jockeys are some sort of race that wipes out civilizations when they reach a certain technological level, like the inhibitors in Revelation Space by Reynolds. The xenomorph and whatever is in this movie are the weapons to do that.

Guest ruiagnelo

i am feeling dumb now: what is the point of having uk and us trailers? explain me like i am a 5 year old

Guest couch

These trailers seem to give away a lot of the plot and big set pieces, so I wonder if there might be something big that is not in these trailers that be a big twist.

Probably not. One of the biggest reasons I strongly dislike going to movies in theaters is the trailers blatantly spoiling upcoming movies. I mean it's not too hard to get food in the lobby or go take a massive dump (while thinking about a movie title in a movie theater) but it's annoying to have to censor yourself from previews.

So after watching the first two Alien flicks over the weekend, I've sufficiently psyched myself up for this movie. The trailer (as revealing as it may be) looks pretty damned awesome.

Guest couch

It's taking a lot for me to resist watching these new ones. The original one from a few months back was plenty for me. Sufficiently hyped as it is anyways. :D

my take on this:

in the first alien movie, the nostromo was unexpectedly rerouted to the planet where they encountered the er alien. i reckon this is gonna retcon it so the weyland-yutani corporation were well aware of the planet previously due to a disastrous previous mission. this movie will be the story of that mission.

Guest couch

my take on this:

in the first alien movie, the nostromo was unexpectedly rerouted to the planet where they encountered the er alien. i reckon this is gonna retcon it so the weyland-yutani corporation were well aware of the planet previously due to a disastrous previous mission. this movie will be the story of that mission.

Well once you figured out the whole Ash thing it is pretty clear they knew. There won't be much to retcon other than elaborate on how they knew that. ANd it may not even need that. Edited by couch

How is the trailer not idm as fuk?????

It looks like Ridley Scott studied Chris Cunningham's style and is going full throttle with it in 'Prometheus'.

I IS EXPLAINED MESELF

the only thing that can really kill this movie now is the PG-13 rating, lets hope scott can cleverly work around that

This is my only fear. I am sure he said in the Q&A session that the movie has scenes on par with the chestbuster scene, So how it gets such a low rating is a bit odd... Either way the official directors cut will be one to look forward to.

Guest Gary C

the only thing that can really kill this movie now is the PG-13 rating, lets hope scott can cleverly work around that

This is my only fear. I am sure he said in the Q&A session that the movie has scenes on par with the chestbuster scene, So how it gets such a low rating is a bit odd... Either way the official directors cut will be one to look forward to.

Yeah, from the Q&A, I envisaged a couple of gory scenes. If Ridley thought he might be "embarassed" by them, then I'd say it'll be more gory than Alien. Maybe not as shocking, but probably more gory.

Also, the whole "cut it off" line from the trailer is truly chilling and I imagine some sort of alien life-form evolving on/in a human, rather than bursting out of a body freely.

Praying for proper adult-material.