Due to the brief Lovecraft tangent, I'll point out that there's a really nice collected works of HP Lovecraft available for free for ebooks; lovingly assembled, apparently, by a raging fangirl:

http://cthulhuchick....ok-nook-kindle/

I got it on the kindle store a few weeks back for 99 cents; figured I'd donate a bit.

Edited by baph

Guest zaphod

at the mammaries of madness

call of coochlu

dagon (this is the title character, a well endowed black man)

the dunwich whore

I only played the game where you're running around Rome (whichever one that is). But I remember thinking it could be an interesting movie if they dropped or changed the sci-fi elements. I wonder if some people will be pissed about an Irish/German dude playing an "eye-tye".

I want to see a Monkey Island movie, animated or live and while they're at it why not make a Sam & Max movie. And a System Shock movie...and...and...The Dig...

I always wanted to see a Grim Fandango movie.

You take that back!

Those games are too good to be made into movies.

Why don't people remake bad movies/games? I mean, then there's a good reason to remake them, right?

They've talked about a Mass Effect movie for as long as the Mass Effect games have been in orbit so don't worry... it won't happen. Just look what happened to the BioShock movie Gore Verbinski wanted to make.

I think Silent hill and Resident evil could work as films, maybe even max payne.

No.

Wait.

There also was the Neill Blomkamp/Peter Jackson Halo movie. As much as the story usually suck in the Halo games. I thought that could have been slightly interestning.

Edited by Npoess

you mean the same guy that did every one of the increasingly pointless and meandering Pirates of the Caribbean movies?

No, just the first one, if you know what I mean. ;)

If they're going to make a Mass Effect movie I only want one thing to happen, the rest is superfluous. Shepard must punch and headbutt that female reporter.