Guest Gary C

vQB6j.jpg

oSKog.jpg

PwMp8.jpg

9ZKE3.jpg

tWQEf.jpg

I don't think Prometheus is going to suck. Despite Ridley's shaky career, I'm confident that this film is going to fulfill the hype whilst pleasing fans of both Alien and Aliens. And even if it does suck a little bit, those visuals are totally worth seeing this.

Guest Mirezzi

Not to sound antagonistic or anything, but that looks no different than the set of a Sci-Fi channel show...?

Not to sound antagonistic or anything, but that looks no different than the set of a Sci-Fi channel show...?

I'm going to slightly defend them and say that some of that can be blamed on whoever retouched these stills to bring out some of the features. They all look a good bit lighter than the trailer footage.

I'm still excited as fuck. It may be bad in the end, but it can't be worse than avator.

looks too clean, seems like Terry gilliam for whatever faults he has, is one of the only directors left who knows how to make his shit look 'dirty', and by dirty i mean just not like a fucking sterilized super clean hyper real movie set. Bladerunner has some of the best set design i've ever seen in a movie, scifi or any. Did the guy who was responsible for that die or somehting? i just dont understand how Scott could have lost his visual touch so strongly

Edited by Awepittance

ridley said in an interview that the whole used/grimy future look has been done to death and he wanted to go a different way, i dont really get it, how has it been done to death exactly, few people did it better than him.

Guest Gary C

looks too clean, seems like Terry gilliam for whatever faults he has, is one of the only directors left who knows how to make his shit look 'dirty', and by dirty i mean just not like a fucking sterilized super clean hyper real movie set. Bladerunner has some of the best set design i've ever seen in a movie, scifi or any. Did the guy who was responsible for that die or somehting? i just dont understand how Scott could have lost his visual touch so strongly

From what I remember from the trailer; in the scene where Noomi is flailing around the spaceship like she's got an alien inside her the ship looks much dirtier and fucked-up than it does at other times.

I can only assume that as the film progresses the clean sterile spaceship will be corrupted by whatever lifeform they bring back with them.

newprometheus40.jpg

Noomi-Rapace-Prometheus-500x317.jpg

Edited by Gary C

ridley said in an interview that the whole used/grimy future look has been done to death and he wanted to go a different way, i dont really get it, how has it been done to death exactly, few people did it better than him.

Yeah I was a little bit confused by that comment. I'm sure there's A LOT more hyper-clean looking sci-fi.

Those stills look NOTHING like the trailers. So I'm not worried. When I first saw the stills I thought it looked like Seaquest DSV. As soon as I saw the trailer, I realised how wrong I was.

I know it's not going to be ultra grimey like the original, but I don't think that matters, as long as it looks realistic and believable. And considering almost everything will be done with practical effects, I'm pretty sure it will look realistic.

Guys, for the love of fuck, you're not going to get accurate "stills" of an FX-dominated SF movie. They're usually just test runs coming from some non-main unit setup, to give something to the execs. And if they're actually movie still frames, which they almost never are, they're usually a few stages shy of the post-production item.

Nothing of the filmed product that we've seen looks anything like the stills; that was the case a couple months ago and it hasn't changed.

We're just recycling discussions now.

I do anticipate, if nothing else, that Ridley is setting up a seemingly peaceful futuristic sterile setting for all kinds of destruction. That seems like a potentially effective approach.

Edited by baph

Guest zaphod

I don't mind how it looks. If this is a scientific mission it would make sense that the ship's tech is upgraded. The first movie is space truckers, essentially, and that worked for it. There's something distinctly Lovecraftian about the tone of the trailer for this, and that gives me a massive boner.

Still gonna suck though.

Guest Gary C

this thread will have the movie's every frame by the time of the release, as if the trailer didn't spoil enough, fuck that.

/last post

Sorry, spoilered my last couple.

oh lol, please, don't take me that srsly.

still, this kind of deconstructing and endless speculating might ruin some of the fun. like what do we really need to know to go and see it ? it's directed by a dude who's responsible for two idm classics, it's got a nice cast, a massive budget and it's coming out in less than two months.

Guest Wall Bird

oh lol, please, don't take me that srsly.

still, this kind of deconstructing and endless speculating might ruin some of the fun. like what do we really need to know to go and see it ? it's directed by a dude who's responsible for two idm classics, it's got a nice cast, a massive budget and it's coming out in less than two months.

You hear that, Fred?! It's still almost two months away.

9ZKE3.jpg

Ripped off of Dead Space.

and Dead Space probably ripped off of something else too.

Edited by pafr

Vaguely similar shot of a cockpit in a spaceship.

Sci Fi fans are like metal fans I realized. Everything but two movies or albums sucks.

You can bitch and moan all you like but I'm going and if anyone wants to come we're going to have an awesome time.

can we also bring Mike along?

edit: as long as you're ok with me making a move on him

Edited by Awepittance

i can't believe im saying this, but to see such scifi design tropes being recycled through movies, videogames, from old school scifi painting. it makes me kind of appreciate george lucas a little more, even though the prequels were shit, some of the design work in it to me at least on first glance looks more unique than the stuff in Prometheus