IGNORED

Portal 2

ghOsty

I've been playing Half Life 2 to try and replace Portal 2 in my life. I gave up on it a year ago and am having another go but it's not nearly as fun and I don't really like the way it gets me all tense and trigger happy, I want to relax when I'm playing games

If you own HL2 episode 2, you can run this free mod called Research and Development. No weapons other than eventually getting the Gravity Gun, which you will have to use creatively. Basically the goal, like Portal, is to move forward by figuring out puzzles. This mod is fucking BRILLIANT.

Also, on the Portal tip, if you own the 1st portal, you can play a few good mods too. Standouts being:

Gamma Energy Not that hard at all, but fun. Tells the Portal story a slightly different way. New boss battle.

Factum Solus Not too challenging, but part 1 of an episodic series with an intriguing story. New gameplay elements are added. Short, but very much worth a play.

Portal Prelude HARD! Really fucking hard! I'm a good ways through it now but goddamn.

Portal: The Flash Version Map Pack Basically this takes the flash portal, and converts those maps into "real" portal. Hard at times, but not impossible. Has a boss battle.

That's all I've played so far.

I've just downloaded 2 more portal mods, i'll review them once done.

I didn't even know there were mods, I'm on a Mac though and it looks confusing. I tried that Gamma Energy one and it's opening Xcode windows I don't understand

yeah, for the Mac you'd most likely have to manually put the files where they need to be. since most of the mods will have been made for Windows. i have no experience with the Mac and Steam though, so i wouldn't know the file structure that is used for a Steam install on the Mac

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

They have a mac specific download and mentioned that it's not quite so simple but it doesn't quite go as far as telling me how to do it

They have a mac specific download and mentioned that it's not quite so simple but it doesn't quite go as far as telling me how to do it

really? all i can find on that site is a link to a 7z file and a zip file (neither of which seem to exist anymore)

there is, however, a Mac install script here supposedly. i'd take a look at the script to see what it was doing, but after clicking through 2 links already to supposedly "download" it, only to be taken to yet another download button, i gave up :shrug:

what is it with these sites? just give me the download!

cool picture, but some continuity errors in there, e.g. having the overgrown testing levels underground (they weren't underground, as evidenced by the levels themselves with sunlight pouring through damaged ceilings and plant life)

Guest Pennywise

cool picture, but some continuity errors in there, e.g. having the overgrown testing levels underground (they weren't underground, as evidenced by the levels themselves with sunlight pouring through damaged ceilings and plant life)

and a dock was there too. But yeh awesome picture

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Iain C

They need to hurry up and get the DLC out. Well actually, no they don't, because I'm going to be playing a lot of Human Revolution instead.

Guest Gravity

They need to hurry up and get the DLC out. Well actually, no they don't, because I'm going to be playing a lot of Human Revolution instead.

Mid-September.

Would this run on dual core at ~2,7 and 1gb of ram? System requirements are lower but looking at the graphics somehow I don't believe it would run.

Guest Clipwave

All my friends played co-op with each other before I bought the game. :cry: I think I might have to try random matching, the very prospect of which is terrifying.

Guest underscore

I will play with you sometime. what do you play on, steam, ps3? i can do both of those, i need the trophy anyways. Anyways, can't wait for the DLC.

i love that PS3 can play with windows/mac. pretty fucking cool. its like the future, man.

Would this run on dual core at ~2,7 and 1gb of ram? System requirements are lower but looking at the graphics somehow I don't believe it would run.

it will, source isn't a demanding engine at all.

maybe not on max detail though. what's your GPU ram?

Archived