IGNORED

Portal 2

ghOsty

I tried downloading one and it only had 14 tracks, some were repeats, and it was missing a lot of the stuff I posted.

yeah that was the one I got too. If you find a better one -> PM :smile:

better one = extracting the .wavs from the game files

download GCFScape

and open up %steamdirectory%\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2\pak01_dir.vpk

(it should be the last .vpk file in that directory if you're sorting by filename)

and then just extract the sounds/music directory

job done. instant portal soundtrack.

there's a reason why some 'soundtracks' that you've downloaded are missing certain things - because a lot of the music in Portal 2 is just loops that don't really work well if you're just listening to your own enjoyment. best thing to do is separate the ones that are more like listenable tracks away from the loops, and then if you find yourself liking some of the loops just edit those into something listenable.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completed this last night, good ending :D Im also glad it like 2 times longer and harder than the original, some of the rooms really had me scratching my head

i think out of all the stuff that's actually in the game, my favourite is the Turret Redemption Line soundtrack.

it's so very original Terminator OST inspired.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Just finished it last night, probably will play Portal 1 now and then play it through again

Guest Sprigg

That soundtrack is completely awesome.

I think the middle-to-end underground/ old aperture building segment will keep me from playing through the game again.

I think the middle-to-end underground/ old aperture building segment will keep me from playing through the game again.

Yes, this was my favourite part of the game. Clever puzzles in that one.

Didn't he say "keep me from" playing through the game again? Anyways, that was my favorite section as well. The co-op puzzles are what really blew me away.

Guest Sprigg

Didn't he say "keep me from" playing through the game again? Anyways, that was my favorite section as well. The co-op puzzles are what really blew me away.

Indeed, I said 'keep me FROM playing again' haha. I just hated the 'try to find the one spot you can portal' bits. I did enjoy the repulsion gel puzzles, I feel there weren't enough of them. Or puzzles that use all the elements.

"when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! make life take the lemons back! get mad! i don't want your damn lemons, what am i supposed to do with these? demand to see life's manager, make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! do you know who i am? i'm the man who's gonna burn your house down, with the lemons! i'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest viscosity

managed to play through this despite my temporary handicap. friggin awesome. have Narbacular Drop and Tag: The Power of Paint on my pc, might give'm a go later

SPAAAAACE WE GOTTA GO TO SPAAAAAAAAAAACE ! ! ! ! !

question for those of you who finished the game: (i don't recommend reading the spoiler if you haven't beaten it yet)

did you fire at the moon randomly, or because you remembered that moonrocks were a good portal conductor?

SPAAAAACE WE GOTTA GO TO SPAAAAAAAAAAACE ! ! ! ! !

question for those of you who finished the game: (i don't recommend reading the spoiler if you haven't beaten it yet)

did you fire at the moon randomly, or because you remembered that moonrocks were a good portal conductor?

Randomly and can you believe only now do i realise that the science guy said that, 2 weeks after i finished the game..... :facepalm:

Archived