IGNORED

When they release a new album...

Dragon

...wouldn't it be great if they re-issued their previous albums on vinyl? It would be so great to get a copy of Geogaddi for a fair price.

In 2002 they released Twoism on Warp for similar reasons (it became a rarity that sold for over £800/$1300 on eBay) so it doesn't seem impossible that they could do it with some of their albums.

I've seen Geogaddi go for over £70/$120 in the past, and it will only rise if Warp don't act soon. Even The Campfire Headphase is being sold for ridiculous amounts.

Who's with me?

Guest sirch

..got them all on vinyl, don't need them again.. yeah including hi scores, kiss my arse... i'm an elitist authority cunt, i collect shit

i dont care about vinyl. theres no point to it. the only difference in sound is a fuzzy crackling noise.

other than that having to get up multiple times during an album to flip it to listen to the next part is just not worth the feeling of 'analog'.

I'm not really fond of CDs because there's just no point in playing them now. They just sit on my cd shelf and collect dust after I do my first FLAC rip of them. I like buying vinyl releases because I love having the large cover art, and I love relaxing and listening to it. For some reason I can just chill and listen to my records, but I am not as good at doing that with CDs. It's just kind of atmospheric.

point being, i wouldn't mind if BoC did some re-issues, because since they're not my favorite, I don't really want to pay massive amounts of cash to have them on a physical format I like.

edit: also a spinning turntable is sexy when you're with your woman. loads more romantic than playing cds or mp3s.

While I never bother listening to vinyl (unless it's the only format), I like vinyl from an artistic perspective - such a large canvas to create on, and near endless possibilities with the packaging.

I love vinyl but I won't pay a ridiculous premium for it (anymore).

Artists who keep vinyl limited and/or never ever do represses of it while CDs remain readily available must obviously be closet vinyl haters. If you want the medium to stay alive, give me affordable vinyl you fuckers.

I love vinyl but I won't pay a ridiculous premium for it (anymore).

Artists who keep vinyl limited and/or never ever do represses of it while CDs remain readily available must obviously be closet vinyl haters. If you want the medium to stay alive, give me affordable vinyl you fuckers.

What this man said

Vinyl is infinitely sexier than any other format, but then when I first started buying records it was either that or cassette so I've got some nostalgic interest as well. Thankfully I've got pretty much all the BoC vinyl but I'm sure there's a market for reissues. Good idea about reissuing other classic Warp as well.

I don't have a record player but tapes would be handy as I just nicked my nan's tape recorder. Regular CDs would be fine though. I'll admit I'm gonna go apeshit happy when new songs are released but I've decided to not be all speculative about it anymore. We know it's coming out this year, and I've just got into Autechre. Sorted.

:nyan:

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING CAT

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

Guest sirch

...wouldn't it be great if they re-issued their previous albums on vinyl? It would be so great to get a copy of Geogaddi for a fair price.

In 2002 they released Twoism on Warp for similar reasons (it became a rarity that sold for over £800/$1300 on eBay) so it doesn't seem impossible that they could do it with some of their albums.

I've seen Geogaddi go for over £70/$120 in the past, and it will only rise if Warp don't act soon. Even The Campfire Headphase is being sold for ridiculous amounts.

Who's with me?

wtf!?? i'll be selling my twoism then! it was a re-release anyway! i've got MHTRTCm too.. and Geo.. ooff, summer holiday here i come!! :)

Guest sirch

Good idea about reissuing other classic Warp as well.

they did this around 10 years ago. so maybe it's time they did it again...

thing is tho a lot of stuff people might consider to be classic Warp isn't really all that old yet.

BoC probably could do with a reissuing tho, i agree. i'd buy MHTRTC again, cos my copy is quite worn out and scratched now and has even more crackles and pops than is both necessary or BoC-cool. :)

Archived