Church of Scientolol

lumpenprol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do it and think of a way to sneak a goatse in the art

point it out on reddit once complete

profit

considering how notoriously litigious they are, do not do this.

definitely do this.

Money is money.

Find out though whether they are a good client in terms of both getting paid, and secondly not being too demanding, ie: always coming back with finished work wanting pointless changes, and then using that as an excuse not to pay you. From what i've seen of the company, hrm i mean religion. This may be an issue.

low-level scilons have no idea about the whole xenu thing, or at least they aren't supposed to. elron claimed finding out about OT3 before you're supposed to can give you ball cancer or something. so, if you meet them in person, bring it up. there's a good chance you might actually get to see someone running away from you with their hands over their ears going LALALALALALALA

absolutely do it unless you somehow can be sued if you openly talk shit about it once it's done. If it's that way it's a loose loose, if you don't have to sign an NDA or anything it's a 100% win win

i mean i only see it as an ethical problem if you get paid to do it and you're not allowed to talk about how ridiculous it was

So it doesn't bother you that they've directly or indirectly caused human deaths? I'm not singling you out, it's just I expected more of that line of thinking from the forum that gets outraged over pig slaughter in Korea. It's a genuine dilemma for me. As others have said, money is green and don't turn down a job if can't afford to. On the other hand, you're helping out a criminal cult.

I think I'm gonna find out more about the job, anyway...

Nah, dude, I think Scientology is fucking stupid and would tell them to shove their legs in their ass or something. You're allowed to do what you want though.

Don't do it

They have a tendency to give very little or no money to people who work for them (and/or lure them into "auditing" and seminars)

Plus, they might keep bugging you. Your adress might be added to a database and it will never be removed.

But it's up to you, i guess

Really don't do it if you don't feel good about it, if it's against your moral/ethical principles

Here is an interesting BBC documentary from 2006/2007 where John Sweeney investigates and confronts the Scientology HQ. There's even a point where they piss him of so much that he snaps and starts screaming:

This is a new doc from 2010, where John Sweeney interviews former high ranking Scientologists (including someone that he confronted in 2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDGikPmEyw

Just to show how shady the cult is

the followers are not allowed to use medication or something

That was restricted to 'psychofarmaceuticals', right? If there is one point to be made for scientology it is their opposition to medicalizing psychological treatment, imo.

Archived