IGNORED

Influx of bad artist names

eh Speedy

• 3 weeks later...

Arnold Schwarzenigger

You stole that from White Chicks .. shame on you for watching White Chicks.

Actually I've never seen White Chicks.. Shame on YOU for watching White Chicks.

• 2 weeks later...

See, i think people who use their full names are more pretentious.

i agree.

Absolutely. It bothers me actually, because as an artist you have some creative potential to express yourself and your style a little bit in your moniker, but those who opt out are taking the lazy way out I think.

I feel the same way about artists that call tracks 'untitled'. Just give it a name, dammit. Especially if you're going to release multiple untitled tracks over time.

Absolutely. It bothers me actually, because as an artist you have some creative potential to express yourself and your style a little bit in your moniker, but those who opt out are taking the lazy way out I think.

That's like saying popular writers who don't come up with clever chapter titles are lazy writers. Also I generally interpret most musicians who go by their own name as either:

A. Trying not to draw attention away from the music itself with some sort of colourful persona, or

B. Not bothering with an alias that probably won't represent their views/sound in a few years

Wevie Stonder has been around for at least a decade. And they ain't no one trick pony.

These mothefuckers don't compare to any of those fools that use this trend nowadays. wevie stonder is truth.