IGNORED

Influx of bad artist names

eh Speedy

LOL. Years ago I made weird noises on Crystal VST and uploaded them to Myspace under the name Bass Luhrmann. Complete with photoshopped images of Baz wearing gold medallions in front of massive subwoofers. Fucking ridiculous.

What about shit like MGMT, SBTRKT, CHLLNGR...what are some others along this line?

Fucking lame. I hate that everyone seems to be jumping on genre-specific band name trends lately. Like those horrible witch house names and everyone thinking ††† (Crosses) is witch house as a result.

Kenny Logons

What about shit like MGMT, SBTRKT, CHLLNGR...what are some others along this line?

I don't think they're that bad really (coming from someone who named a track Cntrpnt3). That said though, I'm a huge PVT fanboy but I still call them Pivot.

Kenny Logons

I don't think they're that bad really (coming from someone who named a track Cntrpnt3). That said though, I'm a huge PVT fanboy but I still call them Pivot.

They're not that bad until it becomes a trend...and it's at that point now. Also, in track names it doesn't bother me...track names don't get much exposure.

PVT is different, it's an acronym, not an abbreviation.

Zole, no, it's an abbreviation (they were known as Pivot until their latest album). I can't imagine what it would stand for!

Edited by modey

Ellen Degenerate

After comedienne and actress Ellen DeGeneres came out as a lesbian, [Jerry] Falwell referred to her in a sermon as "Ellen DeGenerate." DeGeneres responded by saying "Really, he called me that? Ellen DeGenerate? I've been getting that since the fourth grade. I guess I'm happy I could give him work."

:cisfor:

Zole, no, it's an abbreviation (they were known as Pivot until their latest album). I can't imagine what it would stand for!

Oh shit you're right, I don't know why I didn't notice that. :lol: When they first announced the name change it was obvious, but for some reason yesterday I didn't make the connection.