IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

• 2 weeks later...

Went on a little road trip round the UK a month back. Took a bunch of photos while I was away. Got some i really like, only thing was I didnt realise my sensor was dirty till I got home. All of them have annoying dirt on them. Planning on getting my mitts on CS5 to try that fancy removal stuff, but for now, figured id share a couple anyways..

Cottage, somewhere in the Scottish Highlands

Cottage1.jpg

Falkirk Wheel

Falkirk2.jpg

Fourth Rail Bridge

Bridge1.jpg

Ludlow Castle

ludlowcastle1.jpg

York Minster w/ Fisheye

Minster2.jpg

York Rail Museum

OldTrain2.jpg

Beachy Head

Scarf.jpg

:edit... yar despite the hate, I like HDR =D

Edited by TechDiff
  • Big Brain 1

Cottage1.jpg

Gothic V

Falkirk2.jpg

Mass Effect IV

Bridge1.jpg

Railroad Tycoon IX

ludlowcastle1.jpg

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlords

Minster2.jpg

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlords Sunproof DLC

OldTrain2.jpg

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura II

Scarf.jpg

Myst XI

LOL, shouldve uploaded the ones I took in Detroit last year. You couldve had GTA and half life too. Ah well...

For me the thing with HDR.. Since about 6 I have had incredibly bad eyesight thanks to very severe keratoconus. Up until 14 I was pretty much blind in my left eye, and my right eye isn't much better. I had corneal transplants in both eyes which has improved my vision a lot, but its still rubbish. I squint like a mole. My vision is too screwy to be rectified with glasses (they make me see well focused double vision) and my eyes are too out of shape for contact lenses. Did have Scleral Lenses for a while, but they hurt like hell and expensive. As my eyes continue to degrade, the shape and perscriptions change. Would mean shelling out +£500 for a new set of lenses each year. Cannot afford.

Anyways, the point is, HDR photographs give me the same feeling as I got on the few occasions when I hae been able to see properly. I remember the first time I tried Scleral Lenses, I looked at a carpet and it was the first time I could see that it was made of loads of individual fibers. I get the same kinda feeling from these pics. I understand people saying HDR looks like computer games, but compared to my eyesight, real life looks like a computer game.

Edited by TechDiff

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'm by no means a photographer but these are some I've done that I like

JIV1v.jpg

sTGco.jpg

06cTv.jpg

1FJ7K.jpg

f2EFJ.jpg

Ufku1.jpg

Edited by Coalbucket PI

• 1 year later...

excellent photos. loooove the train platform one.

anyone recommend a good but not too expensive entry level DSLR? or even a good one that was made a few years back, that maybe i could snag a good price on?

Guest umop_apisdn

Keep your eyes on fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net. As new DSLR models come out, their predecessors go down in price. Before you buy, read reviews and weigh the pros and cons.