IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Guest umop_apisdn

what are those in the first 3 photos? looks tasty

some variety of succulenta... full of brackish water

As far as that goes, if it's sincerely found near brackish water, it might be some type of glasswort. As far as what we have here on the southeast coast of the US, there are two genera found in marshes: Batis and Salicornia. That's not to say it's what you've photographed, but if you're the inquiring type it could possibly help you ID it. On a side-note, loving your nature pics. I'm a big lichen/moss fan. That rock formation with all the dimples is really interesting, never seen anything like it.

what are those in the first 3 photos? looks tasty

some variety of succulenta... full of brackish water

As far as that goes, if it's sincerely found near brackish water, it might be some type of glasswort. As far as what we have here on the southeast coast of the US, there are two genera found in marshes: Batis and Salicornia. That's not to say it's what you've photographed, but if you're the inquiring type it could possibly help you ID it. On a side-note, loving your nature pics. I'm a big lichen/moss fan. That rock formation with all the dimples is really interesting, never seen anything like it.

it was growing on a cliff edge right by the ocean in very poorly drained soil... dunno if that helps.

the dimpled rock is from a beach on slea head, county kerry.

xeOmQZ5.jpg

must be some sort of sea erosion?

• Big Brain 1

decided to compile some stills i took into animations... i realize these are on the border of "pics you took" but i'd like to share them and dunno where else they'd go..

lily pollen:

2D_lilypollen.gif

3D_lilypollen.gif

Edited by luke viia

cool. It really is scanning and tunnelling .. ;-]

those are amazing

makes you wonder why you need art when you have science...

glad you guys got a kick out of them. it's weird how many structures pollen can take. before last week, i had no idea lilies have thousands of little football bean brains carrying their message across the land. :braindance: